• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Katenda to Notre Dame

I don't think you can spin this as a positive, at all, but all we've heard from our own guys were things like they had the feeling it was a courtesy visit and they weren't all that optimistic.

Then we get all psyched because some rando from Iowa tweeted some bullshit, as if he had any insight, or any more insight than the guy the mods have legitimized as someone who has some sort of connection to our own guys.

It sucks, we needed help right away, and I wish we had gotten him, but just calm down a bit.

Tweet by Jake_Brown, a ND insider, on Twitter:

"Little note on Eric Katenda to #NotreDame: The Irish had to make up ground all the way up to this morning to land him. Strong close."

Whether we believe our insider or theirs is the question.

Well let's see what the players do once they get here and we will talk.

I'm not trying to downplay the significance of this at all. We needed Katenda, really so a lot of people would just shut up about [Redacted]'s recruiting.

Exactly.

I would love to shut-up about [Redacted]'s recruiting. In fact, the past month or so my concern has been reduced significantly, but a commit from Katenda would have pretty much eliminated it.

bbd - I hear what you're saying and normally id feel like we win some and lose some. But right now I'm trying and reaching to just find something to be happy about with Wake sports and this is just another kick in the nuts after a whole year of getting kicked in the nuts. I don't even think he would have been a great fit since his skills seem redundant to Travis, but he's a good player and I feel like we should take whatever talent we can get for next year.

My solace is that we have another scholarship to fill one of our pressing needs. No offense to Katenda, but I hope he's not another guy I remember almost committing to Wake as he lights it up in the Final Four.

lol. You're choosing to believe the one that supports your continued misery. I get it.

Misery or delusion.

Regardless of whether we believe our insider, their insider, or think the truth probably lies somewhere between the two, losing the battle for Katenda is not a positive.

I mean, our other commits are blowing up. Isn't that some ice for your well kicked nuts?

In recruiting, you really do win some and lose some. I got my hopes up too, but the insiders on this board were never that confident.

I mean, our other commits are blowing up. Isn't that some ice for your well kicked nuts?

In recruiting, you really do win some and lose some. I got my hopes up too, but the insiders on this board were never that confident.

This.

Misery or delusion.

Regardless of whether we believe our insider, their insider, or think the truth probably lies somewhere between the two, losing the battle for Katenda is not a positive.

How is it delusion to listen to our Wake insiders who have been shown to be pretty reliable so far? And how is it delusion to listen to somebody who was skeptical, rather than blowing sunshine?

True - my hope is the scholarship is put to good use for a big dude with a mean streak.

I just can't remember getting actual good news about bball outside of sporadic scouting reports that our commits two years from now are getting better.

I would have liked to see Katenda in a Wake uniform, but his choosing to go to school elsewhere isn't the end of the world.

I am not mad at [Redacted], but I am also not going to spin this as a positive because it isn't.

This. Who cares whose insiders spun who led which way. I'm also not mad at Bz, but some of you Bzinners need to share some of what you're smoking.

And a decent parody or 2 in the thread. I'm starting to like Nothing and Like it.

I would have liked to see Katenda in a Wake uniform, but his choosing to go to school elsewhere isn't the end of the world.

Agree. It's not it sounded like he was a McD's AA who was going to start right away. Sounded like he was gonna have to bulk up ala Carson. If Tabb can stay in school, he's prolly more likely to contend for p-t than Katenda would have been.

No offense to Katenda, but I hope he's not another guy I remember almost committing to Wake as he lights it up in the Final Four.

Dude, he's going to Notre Dame. They're as cursed as we are. He'll be lucky to see the 2nd weekend of an NCAA Tournament.

So much for winning in the postseason...

I'm inclined to point out that, yet again, this news broke on Twitter. Katenda's coach apparently Tweeted it first, then texted a few news outlets right before the press conference in Kansas.

Making up ground at the last minute is just code for paying him more -- fuck ND, cheaters. Why don't you kill another kid, you POS school?

Last edited:
Back