• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Katie Stengel

Thanks to her for a great career and being a great representative of Wake. DVT is no joke, hope things work out OK for her health-wise.

Damn. Heard about this on Roll the Quadcast.

Thoughts are with Katie. Get well soon.

How would Katie rate among Wake's all-time female athletes?

Surely she was one of the elites.

Yeah I'm trying to even think of somebody who would be on her level. She may be the best Wake women's athlete ever.

She would be a great choice to "open the gate" at one of the remaining home games.

Yeah I'm trying to even think of somebody who would be on her level. She may be the best Wake women's athlete ever.

It's her and Dostal then a gap. I'm not as familiar with Tennis and Golf history, but WBB doesn't have anyone to come close.

Terrible for Katie. Wishing her all the best. It's been an honor to follow her career at Wake.

Really bad luck for the Deacon women this year. Nuzzolese has been out for a while, too, and doesn't look like she'll be back. Tony is going to have to figure out where goals are going to come from.

Agree that Katie is the best women's soccer player in Wake history.

Interesting question about Wake's best women's athlete ... if you consider the question relative to the peer group competed against and all-around athletic versatility, then Roper Osborne needs to be prominent in the conversation and may very well be the correct answer.

She might be the best. Dostal is probably her only competition, right?

It's her and Dostal then a gap. I'm not as familiar with Tennis and Golf history, but WBB doesn't have anyone to come close.

Kelly Dostal > Michelle Sikes > Bea Bielik > Katie Stengel on WFU success alone. If Katie had led us to a championship, that list might be different.

Did Bea lead us to a team championship? I don't remember that. She won a nat'l indoor singles title, which is fantastic, of course.

Did Bea lead us to a team championship? I don't remember that. She won a nat'l indoor singles title, which is fantastic, of course.

No, but like Sikes, she won an individual championship -- not nearly as important to WFU as a team championship though, in my opinion.

I have Sikes ahead of Beatrix because I think that the track champs are much more difficult to win than the tennis championships (MysteryMen might disagree here) and the fact that she set a NCAA meet record and, a few weeks later at the US Championships, a Collegiate record.

*Again, this is strictly going on performances while enrolled at Wake Forest.

Kelly Dostal > Michelle Sikes > Bea Bielik > Katie Stengel on WFU success alone. If Katie had led us to a championship, that list might be different.

That sounds about right. I was sure there were some individuals I was forgetting. Disappointed to forget Sikes as I was a student with her.

Back