• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keep Randolph as assistant!

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
If Manning leaves for greener pastures , Chill will be more than ready to take over. Can recruit now that B is gone and work with guards. He knows the current team as well as the ACC. There are many other reasons to keep him as well.

Didn't you start something like this yesterday? Manning should come in here and bring his guys. Why do you want anyone that was associated with the past to still be here?

Maybe because I am younger and not as emotionally attached to Childress as the older fans, but the only way I am onboard with keeping Childress on the staff is if Manning tries and cannot find any one better. I want Manning to make some calls to his connections in the Larry Brown, Bill Self, or NBA sphere and see what he can do.

Manning needs to build his staff without any interference. If Chill's right for the job, he should win it.

Childress has been the most badass Wake basketball player in my entire association with the school. I cannot think of anyone who personifies the spirit I would want all our athletes to have more than him. He's about the only former player I would want on the bench solely due to who he is and was during his playing career. Nevertheless, I feel DM should have complete freedom to name his staff and he should retain Chill only if that is deemed a positive hire by his own reckoning.

One Deac that has a prior tie to Manning is Frank Johnson who was an assistant coach in Phoenix when Manning played there in the mid-90's.

I want people who can coach. Childress hasn't proven that, and he hasn't worked with anyone that has proven that. Let Childress go earn his stripes with another program, and he can come back later. He needs to go. That being said, if it is Manning's decision and he decides Chill can stay I am fine with that, I just don't think anyone needs to campaign for Chill. If he is worthy of the job, then Manning can hire him. If he isn't, we don't need to drag dead weight on the staff. I prefer a clean sweep of all the basketball staff. Time to start anew.

I have no idea why people are so sure Chill will be ready to take over in a few years? I would never want to put him in a position where he fails and we have to fire him. That's why he needs way way way more experience than a few years under someone else on our bench. Let him go somewhere else, learn the ropes and prove he's ready. No one wants a Doh/ Lowe situation here.

Childress will be kept on staff. Other coaches no guarantees.

Again, Childress will remain on staff.

I love the idea of Manning and Childress

Chill should be kept in some capacity. If it's on Manning's staff, that should be up to Manning, but Chill should be kept in some capacity in the AD even if not on Manning's staff.

Are you saying this with some sort of knowledge of the situation, or just repeatedly stating your opinion of what you think should happen?

I think Chill can do more for Wake in some type of Athletic department capacity vs officially being part of the actual basketball coaching staff

How could Chldress coach while sucking hind tit on that staff?

I doubt that you're going to do better for the third assistant than Childress. Developing a Wake Forest coaching tree is a good idea that will help us out in future coaching searches.

tumblr_inline_n2e87slVdr1s294la.jpg

Back