• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keep the tournament out of Greensboro

JDawg

Reaction score
2012 Conference tournament sites for tournaments not on campus sites:

MAC- Cleveland, OH
America East- Hartford, CT
MVC- St Louis, MO
A10- Atlantic City, NJ
MWC- Las Vegas, NV
Atlantic Sun- Mason, GA
Big 12- Kansas City, MO
Ohio Valley- Nashville, TN
Big East- New York City
Pac 12- Los Angeles, CA
SEC- New Orleans, LA
Big 10- Indianapolis, IN
SWAC- Garland, TX
Big West- Anaheim, CA
SoCon- Asheville, NC
Summit League- Souix Falls, SD
CUSA- Memphis, TN
Colonial- Richmond, VA
Southland- Katy, TX
Sun Belt- Hot Springs, AR
MAAC- Springfield, MA
WAC- Las Vegas, NV
MEAC- Winston-Salem, NC
WCC- Las Vegas, NV

The ACC in Atlanta or Charlotte (or many other cities that actually make sense) belongs on this list. The ACC in Greensboro, NC does not.

I'm all for keeping the ACCT out of Greensboro on a more regular basis, but the OP makes no sense.

Greensboro is fairly close to being dead center of the conference geographically, plus it's close driving distance (~5 hours) to 8 of the schools. It's the most logical

It's also one of the worst places on the eastern seaboard to visit for the weekend, which makes it totally illogical.

Last edited:
So long as it isn't anywhere near the shithole maryland I'm good. God this state is terrible.

So long as it isn't anywhere near the shithole maryland I'm good. God this state is terrible.

I didn't realize Charlotte and Atlanta were near Maryland

Once the rest of the expansion occurs DC would make sense as an option.

Well Wake has done soooo well when the ACCT is in Atlanta so yeah, it makes sense.

It's also one of the worst places on the eastern seaboard to visit for the weekend, which makes it totally illogical.

That is completely true but if I'm going to be more concerned with watching the games. If you buy the book of tickets then basketball takes up a large portion of your time spent. If your team flames out, any bar serving hard liquor will suffice. If your team makes a magical run, any bar serving hard liquor will suffice. Maybe that's just me :noidea:

The Greensboro Coliseum is like the equivalent of a high school gym. And I heard they use soft wooden backboards there like the kind used when Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points, so anything that hits the rim automatically goes in. Its all a sham.

The ACC was created in Greensboro and that is one of the main reasons why they want to keep it there. But if you want to look at it from a ticket sales POV, Duke and UNC are just down the road and Greensboro will sell twice the tickets to the entire weekend than any other site.

Back