• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kegan Lowe- Alleged Wake Forest beat writer

Spragoo

Reaction score
So who is the alleged Wake Forest beat writer named Kegan Lowe who 1. DIDN'T VOTE FOR JOHN COLLINS FOR POY and 2. DIDN'T INCLUDE BRYANT CRAWFORD FOR ALL-ACC?

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_dd780b2a-01d0-11e7-b05c-17ab1cdb32cd.html

It's my understanding from his article that he was GIVEN THE VOTE BY THE WAKE AD. Also, it has not been confirmed, but I have read that he is a 2015 UNC grad.

This is so Wake Forest. Instead of having a qualified Wake Forest grad casting our vote, we give it away. We gave our vote to a Tar Heel, and he burned us. This is just typical of the Wake administrators. Please pull this guy's pass or at least his vote ON BEHALF OF WAKE FOREST. See the article, OUR AD GETS TO CHOOSE. And we chose a Tar Heel. And he voted against our own team. This is just classic Wake Forest administration and should be changed stat.

So who is the alleged Wake Forest beat writer named Kegan Lowe who 1. DIDN'T VOTE FOR JOHN COLLINS FOR POY and 2. DIDN'T INCLUDE BRYANT CRAWFORD FOR ALL-ACC?

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_dd780b2a-01d0-11e7-b05c-17ab1cdb32cd.html

It's my understanding from his article that he was GIVEN THE VOTE BY THE WAKE AD. Also, it has not been confirmed, but I have read that he is a 2015 UNC grad.

This is so Wake Forest. Instead of having a qualified Wake Forest grad casting our vote, we give it away. We gave our vote to a Tar Heel, and he burned us. This is just typical of the Wake administrators. Please pull this guy's pass or at least his vote ON BEHALF OF WAKE FOREST. See the article, OUR AD GETS TO CHOOSE. And we chose a Tar Heel. And he voted against our own team. This is just classic Wake Forest administration and should be changed stat.
Dan gave it to him because Dan missed a lot of the season according to the article. Wonder how the Gboro N&R voted (assuming they got the second local media vote).

It's just amazing to me that a Wake Forest beat writer would vote against Collins for POY and not vote for Crawford. Any other fanbase would be irate at those decisions. The college beat writer is the definition of a homer. We should at least have a homer who likes us and supports our team.

It's just amazing to me that a Wake Forest beat writer would vote against Collins for POY and not vote for Crawford. Any other fanbase would be irate at those decisions. The college beat writer is the definition of a homer. We should at least have a homer who likes us and supports our team.

I hear ya, but it's not like we have a Journalism School or anything. It sucks, but I'm not following your grand conspiracy theory. This was some little shitbag kid from unc who should be still writing book reports about A Wrinkle in Time instead of covering ACC Basketball.

Dan gave it to him because Dan missed a lot of the season according to the article. Wonder how the Gboro N&R voted (assuming they got the second local media vote).
Les of WF's Scout site had the other ballot. He voted for Collins.

Ummmmm, no.

If it's close, like in this case, WF should get the benefit of the doubt. We do need Dan back because this guy shouldn't be our beat writer. He shouldn't have access to our practices like Dan has always had. He's not Elrod, but he can't be trusted.

Ickman, HaberBRO, or BSD need to get our other vote next year.

How is the college beat writer not a homer? It's not an insult. That's what you want. You want someone who gets along with the school and players and writes fluff pieces about the team and supports the team. That's what you do as a college beat writer. And our vote went to our rival who ends up voting for our rival. Not acceptable. We have a Journalism Department. In fact, I got a Minor in said department. So how do we not hand this vote to a "Wake guy"? I would expect that is what every school does.

How is the college beat writer not a homer? It's not an insult. That's what you want. You want someone who gets along with the school and players and writes fluff pieces about the team and supports the team. That's what you do as a college beat writer. And our vote went to our rival who ends up voting for our rival. Not acceptable. We have a Journalism Department. In fact, I got a Minor in said department. So how do we not hand this vote to a "Wake guy"? I would expect that is what every school does.

Know a lot of "wake guys" writing for local papers?

You do? That's news to me. I thought you wanted the local journalist to be, you know, a journalist and cover the team objectively. I certainly don't remember people on here clamoring for Dan to write fluff pieces about the [name redacted] era. Or people clamoring for the N&O's Carolina beat writer to be writing fluff pieces in the midst of their academic scandal.

I'm assuming this is a troll, because if you're taking this position with a journalism degree from Wake Forest then our journalism program is worse than I thought it was (and that's saying a lot). No wonder people hate the media these days if they think the media's job is write positive stuff about whatever they're covering.

I expect anyone who has seen John Collins play this season to recognize they were seeing the best player in the conference. Especially someone who has seen every game he played. Lowe even admitted he was the best player in the conference then still didn't vote for him. Dude's a chode.

He says COLLINS is obviously the most productive player in the ACC but Jackson is the best player on the best team and since its getting late in a Denny's in Blacksburg, Va., with less than an hour to vote, he thinks he will just give it to Jackson. Good thing for him that JC didn't lose by one vote.

I expect anyone who has seen John Collins play this season to recognize they were seeing the best player in the conference. Especially someone who has seen every game he played. Lowe even admitted he was the best player in the conference then still didn't vote for him. Dude's a chode.

This is the correct answer. We are writing our rebuttal on BSD demonstrating that Collins without a doubt should have been the POY.

As much as he hates Premier Wellman, he LOVED Skip and Grobe, so in this case Dan Collins would have voted for John Collins.

As much as he hates Premier Wellman, he LOVED Skip and Grobe, so in this case Dan Collins would have voted for John Collins.

Also because he knows that John Collins is the best player in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Back