• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton is a Great Deac

I love this thread and I appreciate Hinton! Whether he gets a chance in the NFL or not, I wish him every success in life. He was the X Factor in many of our games this year.

Yep, I'm still pissed....I'll get over it by spring ball, where I hope to hear about major O changes. But can anyone else believe we had an original starting QB at receiver who was a great athlete, great hands, great moves, who NEVER once touched the ball in the backfield with an option to run or pass, in 13 games of his magnificent sr. year!?

Would think Hinton has a better shot in the league than Dortch. Can play multiple positions and contribute on special teams.

can't play mutliple positions in the NFL, but he does have the fact that he's not 5'8" going for him

I would guess their straight line speed is comparable

No idea where this comes from or how it was measured, but his 24/7 recruiting profile lists his "verified" 40-time at 4.63

He's so smooth and runs fluid routes along with rarely dropping a pass. He made some absurd grabs this season in critical moments. Florida State and Duke immediately come to mind in the rain.

He's so smooth and runs fluid routes along with rarely dropping a pass. He made some absurd grabs this season in critical moments. Florida State and Duke immediately come to mind in the rain.
You can’t not mention the Utah State game. We don’t win that game if he doesn’t come down with that ball.

There were a lot of times Kendall could have become discouraged and hung his head. Or transferred. But he didn't. I really admire that. I enjoyed his career as a Deacon, and wish him well.

He did a great job this season! Thanks for sticking with the program through the tough times. Who knew he had such great hands? The NFL is the next stop for Kendall.

you're right, I'm wrong, but the link you shared is outdated -- that one claims both redshirt years had to be medical

new rules went into effect in 2018 that allowed a second redshirt season even when the first was not medical: https://247sports.com/college/wake-...stin-Herron-to-miss-rest-of-season-121413410/

Herron may meets all the new criteria for getting a sixth year of eligibility because of the injury and could have the option of playing next season for the Deacs.

“We’ve talked with Justin and we’ve talked to compliance. I think because of the new rule, he can get a sixth year," Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson said. We’ve talked with Justin and he’s talked with his family and we’re hoping and planning that he’ll come back and have a sixth year with us next year.

“It’s a new thing if you redshirt your first year and then have a medical — I think there’s a player at Clemson who got that this year. This is new legislation. This is the first year. The glass half empty is that we just lost one of our best players for the 2018 season. The glass half full is that we just picked up a heck of a recruit for the 2019 season.”

Speaking of great Deacs, saw this article on the ACC’s website picking a player of the last decade for every ACC team. Sorry if already posted elsewhere but I didn’t see it. Maybe a little bit of recency bias, but I don’t know how Wolford didn’t even make the short list on this. Camp was a great player for us, but wouldn’t have been my pick. Who else should be in the short list? Gotta think Serigne is on there.

http://theacc.com/news/2019/12/30/each-acc-football-teams-player-of-the-decade.aspx?mc_cid=a06aa192ee&mc_eid=e7227462e4

Wasn’t sure who it would be as I scrolled down but a good choice. There weren’t as many obvious choices this decade as there were in the 00s (Barclay, Skinner, Plack, Phonz, Curry).

Dortch and Bates would be obvious picks if they had stayed longer.

Last edited:
Back