• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KenPom 2015-2016: Back on Top: #1 in Luck (1/11)

It seems stupid we are preseason locks for the NCAA being #60, but a tough schedule makes us a 15-15 lock for the NIT. What the hell.

Not trying to be the tag police, but the "rodney would start" tag that shows up in every other thread is in pretty poor taste. Detroy creamy all you want, but show some decency for an all time great Deac, and an even greater man. Maybe I'm in the minority here.

It seems stupid we are preseason locks for the NCAA being #60, but a tough schedule makes us a 15-15 lock for the NIT. What the hell.

#60 isn't even an NIT lock.

KenPom 2015-2016: Wake Preseason #60; Duke #1

#60 isn't even an NIT lock.

I know, it's just you have to think there is 68 NCAA teams and another 16? NIT teams? Surely we pull an upset or two and get to 17/18 win range. Shouldn't top 70/80 be a lock to something.

I know, it's just you have to think there is 68 NCAA teams and another 16? NIT teams? Surely we pull an upset or two and get to 17/18 win range. Shouldn't top 70/80 be a lock to something.

I'm pretty sure we'll be favored in the other 2 Maui games that aren't counted here, which would push us up to a projection of 17-13 heading into the ACC tournament. From there, it's not a stretch that we win another game or two to push things to 18-14 or 19-14. I might be wrong about being favored in the other Maui games, though.

I'm pretty sure we'll be favored in the other 2 Maui games that aren't counted here, which would push us up to a projection of 17-13 heading into the ACC tournament. From there, it's not a stretch that we win another game or two to push things to 18-14 or 19-14. I might be wrong about being favored in the other Maui games, though.

That's what I'm thinking. We should be in bubble range. DM has this team looking better and better. I was talking with my dad and we agree we could be an early ACC play surprise after a good non-conference Schedule we could be top 25 at some point.

That's what I'm thinking. We should be in bubble range. DM has this team looking better and better. I was talking with my dad and we agree we could be an early ACC play surprise after a good non-conference Schedule we could be top 25 at some point.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. Hope you're right!

yeah, uh, no

I would be pretty surprised if we're not on a 2 game losing streak heading into ACC play (or at the very least, coming off of a blowout at the hands of LSU). Gonna have to be able to overcome some pretty significant setbacks this year.

I've been high as a fucking kite on John Collins, and still am. After seeing Doral Moore in person, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be the exception of most big man projects. He has what looks like an NBA ready body. He will be the truest of tests for Danny as a big man developer. Going to be a tough season with the schedule at hand, but we have two determined Sr's, couple good shooters, and a different crop of Frosh than we've become accustomed to the last few years. This year will be a fun ride.

Ben Simmons is overrated, you heard it here first

Its so sad, but I was really excited to see us start the season with a two digit ranking.

My primary concern, other than CMM being out for a while, is that we got waxed in 3 of our 5 rematch games last year. Granted, 2 of them were to the 2 best teams and 2 of the best coaches in the conference, but it still makes me worried that maybe we started to get figured out and countered.

With that said, I don't think we've even begun to scrape the surface of what DM has in store for these guys. It seemed as though he had to spend over half the season just teaching the basic fundamentals of ball control, defense and rebounding; and the other half just trying to establish an identity. When those sort of things take up so much time, it's difficult to work in any sort of opponent specific game plan. I expect to get a much better look into DM's approach to strategy and counter-coaching this year.

Back