• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KenPom questions Brey's last minute strategy

big mistake in my mind was failure of Grant to realize he was double teamed and being pushed to the side line. should have passed to the other 3 point shooters who were spaced and open when he crossed midcourt. Hindsight is always genius.

I think he thought he could beat Cauley-Stein down the court and then find a crease to get to the middle of the court, but he had the one 7 footer in college basketball guarding him that he couldn't outrun. Next thing he knew he was in the corner with nowhere to go.

I am sure they did not think Cauley-Stein would pick him up like that, I thought the defensive strategy was perfect though and whoever suggested that was insightful.

Not sure why they didn't have a midcourt pick set for him anyway.
That's why it was such a big deal when Brey used his final timeout. 6 seconds is plenty of time to get a decent shot from a drawn up play. Im sure that Notre Dame had practiced a play for an end game scenario but I don't think they ran it correctly.

looked like play was for grant to drive and dish back if he could not get his shot. Both Connaughton and Vastoria ( I am sure my spelling is wrong) were spotted up in dish out position. just really good defense forcing Grant away.

But for as bad as it is in the regular season, the NCAA tournament is infinitely worse. Teams have the same five timeouts, except their lengths are reversed: four 60-second timeouts and one 30-second timeout. The first timeout of the first half also becomes a full media TO. Each media timeout lasts considerably longer than the regular season — from about 90-120 seconds up to a maximum of three minutes in the tournament. Halftime is officially 20 minutes, five minutes longer than the regular season, but stretches to 21 or 22 minutes sometimes, which is good because it’s always enlightening to hear Charles Barkley discuss players whose names he only learned that morning. Then come the replay reviews, which seem to be far more frequent in the tournament. It’s unbearable. Strictly based on timeouts and halftime alone, a tournament game can be 15 minutes longer. And that’s without counting the more deliberate play near the end of these games. The last five minutes of the Duke-Utah game took 35 minutes. That isn’t good for anybody.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/ncaa-tournament-games-too-long-timeouts-reviews-length-of-games

Isn't Chris Chase a Deacon?

dolla dolla bills yall

also the 35 second shot clock is horrible. it causes the fouling to start waaaaaaaaaaaaay earlier.

Back