• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KEYS TO VT MATCHUP

We shouldn't have a false sense of security about our defense against Pitt and Ville.

- Pitt shot 17% in the second half. Made 4 baskets. We did step up our defense but it's hard to be that bad on offense.
- I think 'ville's 'weave' at the top of the key played into our strengths (if we have any) on defense. The ball kept rotating through the top of the key which made it more difficult for our guys to be be out of position and easier to recover.

The teams we struggle with move the ball quickly around the perimeter or drive past our bigs to the rim and/or kick it out (i.e. dook). From what I've seen this is what VT will do.

Just keep them under 50% and we have a decent shot at winning this game.

Not really. The roles are pretty defined. Plus we have already played it earlier in the year. Good 2-3 zones are full of rotations as well.

There's a lot more motion and possibilities for holes in 1-3-1

I can't find the game on anywhere out here. It really sucks.

Last edited:
Back