• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

If Key and Crawford both leave, next year will be a wreck, unless we magically learn how to play defense which we obviously won't.

If Key is gone, two things need to happen:

1. Hit the grad transfer market immediately and hit it hard. Can offer immediate playing time for transfers.

2. Move Chaundee to the 2 and never play 3 guards again. Have a rotation set of Sarr, Moore, Mitchell, Hoard. Play Hoard, Mucius, Eggleston at the three. Chill and Chaundee will be our only returning guards. That’s rough.

What a product!

Woods legitimately said that he is planning on coming back next year, but he wants to talk to the coaches and his family when the season ends.

If you look,at Manning's new interview on Deacon Digest, it would seem that Key is leaning toward leaving at this point.

It's confusing because Crawford isn't a senior. It seems like you're talking about Wilbekin, who's graduating and no one is concerned that he isn't an NBA prospect, and Woods, who is kind of a senior and kind of isn't. Seems like you're only talking about two players who are both seniors.

This. But yes, I think if we suck next year with Craw and Woods here, that'll be it.

Neither Craw nor Doral is going anywhere, our team will be the most talented Deac squad since Dino was fired.

Who else would “two senior guards and leading scorers” be besides Crawford and Woods?

Why would Wilbekin finishing out his eligibility reflect poorly on Manning?

Wasn’t saying anything about how good we’d be. Only saying any success would depend on 1. Grad transfer (risky business) and 2. Moving away from the 3 guard lineup and going big.

I mean, there's no way that team makes the dance, right? Why not just let Manning go this year and leave the next coach a solid foundation?

Who else would “two senior guards and leading scorers” be besides Crawford and Woods?

Why would Wilbekin finishing out his eligibility reflect poorly on Manning?

Because Crawford isn't a senior and you're using plurals.

If Key is gone, two things need to happen:

1. Hit the grad transfer market immediately and hit it hard. Can offer immediate playing time for transfers.

2. Move Chaundee to the 2 and never play 3 guards again. Have a rotation set of Sarr, Moore, Mitchell, Hoard. Play Hoard, Mucius, Eggleston at the three. Chill and Chaundee will be our only returning guards. That’s rough.

Why did you drop Craw from this? Why would you think he's leaving?

You are usually rather rational.

Exactly. Maybe a new coach can scratch out a solid 2019 class and get a good season out of young talent.

Why did you drop Craw from this? Why would you think he's leaving?

You are usually rather rational.

I actually completely forgot about him when I posted, but inside info people have said there’s a chance he’s gone. It doesn’t make sense to me, but neither did Tabari Hines leaving when I got that scoop and it ended up happening. I guess you never know.

Exactly. Maybe a new coach can scratch out a solid 2019 class and get a good season out of young talent.

Otherwise, everybody is going to transfer and we'll be stuck with a full rebuild again. It's not like we have much (anything?) going on in 2019 recruiting anyway.

I mean, there's no way that team makes the dance, right? Why not just let Manning go this year and leave the next coach a solid foundation?

Uhh I wouldn’t say no way, but it would very largely depend on the grad transfer and I’d say very very very small chance (if Craw leaves. If he comes back I still believe we make the tourney). At the very best, we play a big lineup something like Craw/Chill, Chaundee/grad transfer, Mucius/Eggleston, Hoard/Mitchell, Sarr/Moore and we end up being good defensively. But honestly, I don’t have any idea since 3 of those players have not or have barely played for Wake. If the circumstance happens that both Craw and Key leave, I will be so confused that I wouldn’t have a strong position either way on the latter half of your post.

Uhh I wouldn’t say no way, but it would very largely depend on the grad transfer and I’d say very very very small chance. At the very best, we play a big lineup something like Craw/Chill, Chaundee/grad transfer, Mucius/Eggleston, Hoard/Mitchell, Sarr/Moore and we end up being good defensively. But honestly, I don’t have any idea since 3 of those players have not or have barely played for Wake. If the circumstance happens that both Craw and Key leave, I will be so confused that I wouldn’t have a strong position either way on the latter half of your post.

It's just nuts that we're still having this conversation over what would be normal attrition for a good team eight years and two coaches after firing Dino.

Neither Craw nor Doral is going anywhere, our team will be the most talented Deac squad since Dino was fired.

and it won't even be that talented (barring major improvement from one of our pathetically unproductive role players)

eight years, y'all. eight years.

No way we get a better grad transfer SG than we are losing in Key.

Back