• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

CharlotteDeac1

Reaction score
Keyshawn Woods is listed on the Wake Forest Sports site as being one of the senior being honored for senior night - indicating a grad transfer year is likely for him.

Danny will have to target a shooting guard for next year from the grad transfer market.

Its going to be difficult to find a grad transfer who will be an upgrade from Key.

This seems like a bad sign for the program.

That is a bridge too far for me. How about Crawford ?

A little surprising. Wonder why he would want out.

Shooting is definitely going to be an issue next year with no Wilbekin and Woods.

This is rockbottom.

Going from a 4-guard lineup to a 1-guard lineup.

Perhaps Woods is tired of the bullshit and wants to play for a team not two dudes and a bunch of guys around them.

Perhaps this is heresy, but Key leaving wouldn't bother me. He is a one trick pony as a scorer, an important trick, but when his shooting is off, Key remains a defensive liability, can't create for others and his departure may help DM from going small. I just don't see the loss of Key causing a massive impact on WF basketball in 2018-9. WF Basketball would be, at best, mediocre with him or without him.

BTW, 3 schools in 5 years is a red flag.

Lol. WTF ? Stupid.

That is a bridge too far for me.

This is your tipping point?? LOL

Woods potentially leaving to play a post grad year elsewhere doesn't even rank in the Top 5 issues with this basketball program right now.

I speculated about this a couple of months ago. I thought it was pretty obvious that it could happen. He has one more year and can hand pick a program that he knows will be an NCAA tournament team. Programs like Oregon and Gonzaga snatch guys like Keyshawn every year.

Basketball program is in a holding pattern until we get Brad Stevens anyway.

Perhaps this is heresy, but Key leaving wouldn't bother me. He is a one trick pony as a scorer, an important trick, but when his shooting is off, Key remains a defensive liability, can't create for others and his departure may help DM from going small. I just don't see the loss of Key causing a massive impact on WF basketball in 2018-9. WF Basketball would be, at best, mediocre with him or without him.

BTW, 3 schools in 5 years is a red flag.

A lot of post grad transfers have been to two schools already.

A lot of post grad transfers have been to two schools already.

Yeah. Wake is TT's 4th school.

Never seen a school honor a senior who is coming back. Senior day is about eligibility. If the program is even considering he may leave, that's bad.

Back