• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

We have 2 guards already signed, right?
Yes but at this point, I think it's fair to be skeptical of what Jaime Lewis will be able to provide for WF until he starts playing again. He's missed most of his last two seasons of basketball.

Perhaps Woods is tired of the bullshit and wants to play for a team not two dudes and a bunch of guys around them.

Smart move. Get away from this dumpster fire and move on to a program run by a competent coach.

https://twitter.com/les_johns/status/966687700211453952

https://twitter.com/les_johns/status/966688261505724416

Wake Forest media strikes again. Don’t know why tf you would advertise it like that.

I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on this one. CharlotteDeac care to wager that KW isn't here next year?

Glad to hear it sounds like he is coming back. As others have said, Woods is kind of a one-trick pony, but I think that trick (3 point shooting, and scoring in general) will be valuable next year given Wilbekin will be gone.

Even if he leaves, I don't think it is a disaster... You'd still have Crawford/Childress/Brown returning for the 1/2 slots, and it would allow more minutes for Hoard/Mucius and whomever else of Melo/Lewis/Wright/Washington turns out to be talented enough to contribute on the wing/2-guard.

You are all missing the point. Richard Washington is going to come back next year and make five 3's a game while providing elite level defense on the perimeter! Wake will go to the Final Four! Danny Manning is a genius.

Smart move. Get away from this dumpster fire and move on to a program run by a competent coach.

I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on this one. CharlotteDeac care to wager that KW isn't here next year?

No, I’m not going to bet on if a player is leaving or not. I’m also not completely sold he’s not leaving but I think that will depend almost solely on if Crawford leaves or not.

So, if Les is right, what's the big deal?

As to to the insanity that a player graduating on time with a 5* and a 4* (two other other ESPN 4* players) coming in with a top level center, another 4* (Sarr) and 16/5 PG and others returning is "rock bottom", how fucking crazy are posters here?

The reality is with or without Key back (which I hope he will return) our squad next year will be THE most talented one we've had in a decade. You guys can't be fucking serious.

You haven’t seen any of the new guys play and most of the players we have suck. Our coach sucks. And our best shooter is transferring.

Perfectly ok to honor him with his grad class. Whether he stays or goes will not be the definition of our team's success or lack of next season. If he stays I hope he plays well and helps us. Whether he stays, or goes, I hope some incoming freshmen contribute quickly and take over his role on the team and improve our future outlook beyond 2019-20.

You haven’t seen any of the new guys play and most of the players we have suck. Our coach sucks. And our best shooter is transferring.

It's almost impossible to get so much wrong in such a short post, but you did.

According to someone with DIRECT knowledge and who gets almost everything right, Key is not transferring. My bad, you know more than Les Johns. How come he's making a living writing about WF sports and you are you?

There's lots of tape on Hoard and Mucius. It's not my fault that you are too lazy to look. Of course if you did, you wouldn't know what to look for anyway. So, don't waste your time.

I don't believe Les' intent is to definitely proffer that Key isn't transferring, but rather to report that this is what Wake is currently saying.

Of course Wake will say that at this point and that's what Les is reporting.

I don't buy this "honoring his graduation" yada yada garbage. I think Key is gone.

Rolling disclosure is usually a pr ploy to buy time.

Last edited:
Why don't you buy it?

Although I don't believe much of what Wellman says, since Key is graduating why shouldn't he be honored now? In fact, if they thought he was leaving, why would they honor him?

Key is a good 6th man. He's never going to play in the NBA. If he plays in Europe, it will likely be for a lower second-to-third tier league. This is unlikely to change no matter where he plays.

If he stays, he'll be on the most talented team he's played on and knows his role. If he leaves, he has to learn a new system and most likely will be going to an inferior team and away from home. Doesn't seem like a smart move.

I hope he stays, but if he is leaving, it does not bode well for the program. You would think after surviving this dumpster fire, if Woods though there was a chance to return to the dance next year he would stay. If he thinks otherwise, I would try to find a program that was headed to the dance and transfer

Sounds like he's gone. Why would we honor a player who will be back next year? Never happened before.

I don't believe Les' intent is to definitely proffer that Key isn't transferring, but rather to report that this is what Wake is currently saying.

Of course Wake will say that at this point and that's what Les is reporting.

I don't buy this "honoring his graduation" yada yada garbage. I think Key is gone.
Yep. He gone.

Relax. This opens up a spot on our roster for DM to bring in a great shooter who can also play better D. :D

what are the numbers regarding post-grads? seems like most post-grads transfer rather than stay at the same school, but that is solely based on anecdotes

Back