• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

Would he be eligible for a grad transfer since he already sat out a year and is graduating on time in four years,

So if Keyshawn leaves at least we will have a built-in excuse for sucking again next year.

Maybe this is too harsh, but why would you honor someone who is/may be leaving your school for greener pastures (other schools, not the NBA).

Our entire team is a defensive liability so that argument doesn't really hold any water. Woods is a player that plays well in a system that actually runs offensive sets so the fact that we run a lot of freelance hurts a bit. Woods has also been dealing with a bum knee most of the season so a little slack must be given for that fact. Replacing Wilby with a bigger player will be a plus but if Woods does in fact leave, it will be net negative because I still think Crawford is playing this whole season to set up draft status. So losing three guards would be tough.

So if Keyshawn leaves at least we will have a built-in excuse for sucking again next year.

I think we need to clean house. Get rid of Danny, as much as I hate to say it, move Chill off the bench as a coach at least and whomever on the roster wants to leave or recruits want to not come, let it be. I think we need to bring in a coach and staff who are proven winners even from a lower level of Division 1, a coach that has the rep of being aggressive, that will stand up for his team and has shown the ability to get the most out of his guys. Don't know who fits that bill, but that model seems to be working pretty well in football for us.

Maybe this is too harsh, but why would you honor someone who is/may be leaving your school for greener pastures (other schools, not the NBA).

Because it's called Senior Night and he's a senior.

Our entire team is a defensive liability so that argument doesn't really hold any water. Woods is a player that plays well in a system that actually runs offensive sets so the fact that we run a lot of freelance hurts a bit. Woods has also been dealing with a bum knee most of the season so a little slack must be given for that fact. Replacing Wilby with a bigger player will be a plus but if Woods does in fact leave, it will be net negative because I still think Crawford is playing this whole season to set up draft status. So losing three guards would be tough.

What is this "draft status" that Crawford is setting up ?

I seem to remember one of the BSD guys tweeting that he is the worst on ball defender in the ACC. I'm guessing the knee injury is the main factor there though.

So, if Les is right, what's the big deal?

As to to the insanity that a player graduating on time with a 5* and a 4* (two other other ESPN 4* players) coming in with a top level center, another 4* (Sarr) and 16/5 PG and others returning is "rock bottom", how fucking crazy are posters here?

The reality is with or without Key back (which I hope he will return) our squad next year will be THE most talented one we've had in a decade. You guys can't be fucking serious.

Last edited:

As to to the insanity that a player graduating on time with a 5* and a 4* (two other other ESPN 4* players) coming in with a top level center, another 4* (Sarr) and 16/5 PG and others returning sure sounds like "rock bottom", how fucking crazy are posters here?

The reality is with or without Key back (which I hope he will return) our squad next year will be THE most talented one we've had in a decade. You guys can't be fucking serious.

We need experienced players who can hit three-point shots. The team will be seriously lacking without that.

I seem to remember one of the BSD guys tweeting that he is the worst on ball defender in the ACC. I'm guessing the knee injury is the main factor there though.

Watching Woods last night was like watching a pirate with a wooden leg try and play defense.

As to to the insanity that a player graduating on time with a 5* and a 4* (two other other ESPN 4* players) coming in with a top level center, another 4* (Sarr) and 16/5 PG and others returning is "rock bottom", how fucking crazy are posters here?

The pain is real but the takes are too hot for their own good.

Maybe he just wants to graduate and start playing pro and making money. Crazy idea.

At least Wilby is coming back for a 5th year and can fill that role. Oh wait.

I am with RJ. I hope he comes back, he fills a need, but I am not opposed to getting more minutes for our too athletic wings. I would love it if Rick Wash has been spending an hour a day shooting open 3s because if he has, he could see the court.

The thing we would miss with Key is not his 3-point shooting which is good not great. Rather, 6 or 7 times a game he creates his own shot with the shot clock winding down and they are often good shots. We have nobody else right now outside maybe Chill who can do that. Craw does, but he is also prone to the freak out shot.

I do like the idea, next year, of having athletic wings with length in Brown, Mucius, Craw, Melo, Hoard, and Rick Wash. I sort of get the hopeful feeling the way I did after our bowl game last year with the football team. It is not like I am expecting Sweet 16 next year necessarily, but I am anticipating looking forward to watching games. This year, not so much.

Maybe he just wants to graduate and start playing pro and making money. Crazy idea.

Didn’t somebody say months ago that was going to happen?

Yes, this is obvious. When the opposing player has the ball opposite of Key, you better not blink because he won't be the "on ball defender" for long. He was never a stud defensive player, but the knee injury has degraded Key's defense.

This should be a positive story about a solid young man who started out a vastly inferior academic institution. came to Wake and is graduating on time. Congrats to Key!!!

From what Les says (who knows more than the posters on this thread), it looks like Key is either coming back to a second major or maybe go to grad school at Wake.

Keyshawn Woods is listed on the Wake Forest Sports site as being one of the senior being honored for senior night - indicating a grad transfer year is likely for him.

Danny will have to target a shooting guard for next year from the grad transfer market.

We have 2 guards already signed, right?

Back