• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

again, I feel like post-grad transfers are way more common than having a post-grad stick around at the same school

especially when the same school is coming off a 19 or 20 loss season

So woods has played on one NCAAt team and one bad team. Next year more likely to be in the ncaa. Unless he’s leaving for a guaranteed ncaa team it would show a lack of judgement. Unlesss he just wants away from manning or getting paid seems playing here is his better option.

Manning and Key clearly had a problem early in the season, though we will likely never know the nature of it.

And to say we are more likely to be in the NCAAs next year than not is quite the stretch, even if everyone else returns.

So woods has played on one NCAAt team and one bad team. Next year more likely to be in the ncaa. Unless he’s leaving for a guaranteed ncaa team it would show a lack of judgement. Unlesss he just wants away from manning or getting paid seems playing here is his better option.
How likely are we to be a tournament team? Some of y'all are putting way too much hope in freshmen. Maybe it all comes together next year...but let's not pretend that we are "likely" to be a tournament team next year.

My hope for making the tournament next year comes from a couple things:

1. Hoard filling the gigantic void of production we have at the 4.
2. Progression of Chaundee and Sarr, including further progression from Doral (namely stamina. If he increases his stamina he could truly be a force).

My support of Manning is waning. I think he’s an above average game planner but once the game starts it’s a different story. We really need a good grad transfer SG if Key leaves - which I think is solidly possible considering they’d probably start all season on what I believe to be a tournament team.

How likely are we to be a tournament team? Some of y'all are putting way too much hope in freshmen. Maybe it all comes together next year...but let's not pretend that we are "likely" to be a tournament team next year.

Rinse. Repeat.

My hope for making the tournament next year comes from a couple things:

1. Hoard filling the gigantic void of production we have at the 4.
2. Progression of Chaundee and Sarr, including further progression from Doral (namely stamina. If he increases his stamina he could truly be a force).

My support of Manning is waning. I think he’s an above average game planner but once the game starts it’s a different story. We really need a good grad transfer SG if Key leaves - which I think is solidly possible considering they’d probably start all season on what I believe to be a tournament team.

Last year the problem was that we did not have a competent 3 that could guard a stop sign and Chaundeac would solve that problem. But damn if some other problems didn't show up.

Last year the problem was that we did not have a competent 3 that could guard a stop sign and Chaundeac would solve that problem. But damn if some other problems didn't show up.

Well yeah, hopefully this year we don’t have our starting *insert position here* leave unexpectedly after the grad transfer market is completely depleted.

Like coaching.

Keyshawn’s dad and Manning did not get along at all and it definitely added fuel to the fire.

Well yeah, hopefully this year we don’t have our starting *insert position here* leave unexpectedly after the grad transfer market is completely depleted.

At what point should a coach have developed sufficient depth and/or alternative strategies to overcome the loss of an expected role player or starter? And we're not exactly talking about a transcendent talent here.

Cause here's the thing....Whether through transfers, foreign professional leagues, injuries, or the NBA, unexpected roster turnover is going to happen. Good coaches recruit enough talent to deal with it and/or make on-court adjustments to compensate, especially after 4 years.

Not sure we can say it was unexpected after we’d been discussing it since his freshman year.

Not sure we can say it was unexpected after we’d been discussing it since his freshman year.

The coaches said he was coming back when asked 2 days prior and it was 2-3 weeks before school started. I’d say it was pretty unexpected lol.

At what point should a coach have developed sufficient depth and/or alternative strategies to overcome the loss of an expected role player or starter? And we're not exactly talking about a transcendent talent here.

Cause here's the thing....Whether through transfers, foreign professional leagues, injuries, or the NBA, unexpected roster turnover is going to happen. Good coaches recruit enough talent to deal with it and/or make on-court adjustments to compensate, especially after 4 years.

I agree. Dinos was a weird circumstance as he left so late there was no time to replace him adequately. Leaving two weeks before school without being able to bring someone else in is basically equivalent to having a player injury. I do agree that we should have enough talent on this team to withstand the loss of Keyshawn and I think we will, especially if we know by the end of the season and not right before school starts.

Yeah, there was time to replace Dinos. It was called the 2016 recruiting class, which is a dumpster fire. 2017 class looking below average, too.

Yeah, there was time to replace Dinos. It was called the 2016 recruiting class, which is a dumpster fire. 2017 class looking below average, too.

I think 2017 will be fine, but the lack of any news regarding 2019 paints a bleak picture for the future.

It’s time for CREAN, y’all.

I agree. Dinos was a weird circumstance as he left so late there was no time to replace him adequately. Leaving two weeks before school without being able to bring someone else in is basically equivalent to having a player injury. I do agree that we should have enough talent on this team to withstand the loss of Keyshawn and I think we will, especially if we know by the end of the season and not right before school starts.

He could have gotten injured. You should not be in that position anyway. It's mostly coaching anyway. The 4th year of Dinos is reaching Daniel Green status.

I'm pretty sure senior Woods leaving will be the reason for about 6 of our losses next year.

Yeah 2016 class is mostly a whiff so far. Chill isn’t nearly as bad as some of the posters here seem to think and Mitchell could be a good role player off the bench.

I'm less concerned about potentially replacing Woods' production as I am about what his departure says about the program. Woods would make two players leaving in as many years with remaining eligibility to do something other than play in the NBA. Combined with the on-court shitshow, and it's a tremendous indictment of Manning's performance.

He could have gotten injured. You should not be in that position anyway. It's mostly coaching anyway. The 4th year of Dinos is reaching Daniel Green status.

I'm pretty sure senior Woods leaving will be the reason for about 6 of our losses next year.

Meh, I won’t make that judgment until I see what the grad transfer market yields.

I'm less concerned about potentially replacing Woods' production as I am about what his departure says about the program. Woods would make two players leaving in as many years with remaining eligibility to do something other than play in the NBA. Combined with the on-court shitshow, and it's a tremendous indictment of Manning's performance.

This!

Back