• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

Not sure what has happened to Keyshawn's shot.

In 2017, he was a weapon because if he was open he would reliably knock down the 3. I assumed that he shot a little worse last season because of his knee injury, but this season, when he is presumably healthy, Key's shooting percentage from behind the arc has dropped like a rock:

- 2015 at Charlotte 47% (14th in the nation)
- 2017 at WF 44% (83rd in the nation)
- 2018 at WF 37%
- 2019 at tOSU 25%

He has made a TOTAL of three 3-point shots in 9 Big 10 games. He is simply a non-factor. Wonder who Key's dad is blaming now.

Ooofff. That is horrendous. Obviously he is lost at sea without supreme motivator and coach Danny Manning!!

Woods had an old man game when he arrived at Wake, maybe he actual was an old man and time has caught up with him.

Wonder if Woods is having fun this year?

“This is one of the best teams I’ve probably been on,” Woods said. “As a group, and how they are and how close they are, I probably have not been on a team like that, and I’m really excited to play with these guys for a full season.”

“This is one of the best teams I’ve probably been on,” Woods said. “As a group, and how they are and how close they are, I probably have not been on a team like that, and I’m really excited to play with these guys for a full season.”

He said that before or early in the season. As his shots dwindle, I wonder how he'll feel.

It's looking increasingly unlikely that tOSU will even make the first 4 this year. They are 3-6 in conference and still have to play at Michigan State, Purdue and Maryland among other challenging games. 2019 edition of tOSU < 2017 edition of WF.

Keyshawn Woods is strictly an offensive player and in 9 conference games here are his stats.

Ouch.

FG: 30.2% (1.8/5.9)
FT: 100% (1.2/1.2)
3PT: 15.0% (0.3/2.2)

PTS: 5.1
RB: 2.9
AST: 1.6

STL: 0.4
BLK: 0.1

TO: 2.1

That is honestly very surprising. I know he sucks on defense but that is downright brutal on offense.

Woods (and his father) were dead weight and I'm glad they're gone. He quit on his team last year mid-season when he sat out for many games even though there was nothing medically wrong with him. He's a selfish prima donna and his many transfers prove that.

Losing Moore and Crawford was far more consequential in my opinion.

Keyshawn Woods is strictly an offensive player and in 9 conference games here are his stats.

Ouch.

FG: 30.2% (1.8/5.9)
FT: 100% (1.2/1.2)
3PT: 15.0% (0.3/2.2)

PTS: 5.1
RB: 2.9
AST: 1.6

STL: 0.4
BLK: 0.1

TO: 2.1

That is honestly very surprising. I know he sucks on defense but that is downright brutal on offense.

I don't care enough to research this and support my assertion with stats, but I always had the impression that Woods excelled when we were playing undersized, Big South-like teams and then always faded when he entered conference play. He had injuries for an excuse, but I never bought that it was anything more than him being over-matched at this level.

For giggles, I looked up Key's stats. Yes, he overperformed against a few weaker teams, but still played well against most of the ACC. He had good games vs. Duke, UNC, State & other top-tier ACC schools. Two surprising stats: His 3PT % dropped from 47% @ UNCC to 44%, 37%, & now, 28% at OSU. Plus, he flamed out the last two games in both of his seasons at Wake. He was already gone...

I think it was obvious that Key was a streaky shooter and his mental state had a huge impact on the type of game he would have (like a lot of guys). I still wish all three were here as this season may have been much different. A starting 5 of Craw, Woods, Hoard, Brown, & Moore would have been much more successful - as long as Danny stayed out of their way.

For giggles, I looked up Key's stats. Yes, he overperformed against a few weaker teams, but still played well against most of the ACC. He had good games vs. Duke, UNC, State & other top-tier ACC schools. Two surprising stats: His 3PT % dropped from 47% @ UNCC to 44%, 37%, & now, 28% at OSU. Plus, he flamed out the last two games in both of his seasons at Wake. He was already gone...

I think it was obvious that Key was a streaky shooter and his mental state had a huge impact on the type of game he would have (like a lot of guys). I still wish all three were here as this season may have been much different. A starting 5 of Craw, Woods, Hoard, Brown, & Moore would have been much more successful - as long as Danny stayed out of their way.

Probably could have won 11-12 games.

Because of his absolutely terrible defense, Key shouldn't be a starter on any competitive team if they don't have inside and outside stoppers. He can't cover a chair even if he was standing in an upholstery shop.

He is a 6th or 7th man.

Key had some pretty good games for Wake, and not all of them were against weaker opponents.

30 minutes today and a solid all around offensive game. Of course it was against a Rutgers team that is extremely mediocre (not Wake-terrible, but not good). Key would make a decent off the bench guard for a good team. HE could come in and if he is hitting, provide some scoring, but would be limited in his time on the court because of defensive liabilities. Wish we had a squad that was a good fit for him.

Key had some pretty good games for Wake, and not all of them were against weaker opponents.

30 minutes today and a solid all around offensive game. Of course it was against a Rutgers team that is extremely mediocre (not Wake-terrible, but not good). Key would make a decent off the bench guard for a good team. HE could come in and if he is hitting, provide some scoring, but would be limited in his time on the court because of defensive liabilities. Wish we had a squad that was a good fit for him.

The interesting thing to me is that Wake is experiencing their worst defensive year of Mannings awful tenure. We have gotten rid of all of the slow footed liabilities and replaced them with more athletic longer players. And the defense is worse. Seems like the problem goes a little deeper than Woods, or Arians, or Dinos, or Wilbekin.

Just based on our defensive ratings, it seems like we need Woods back to show these young guys how to play D.

Woods (and his father) were dead weight and I'm glad they're gone. He quit on his team last year mid-season when he sat out for many games even though there was nothing medically wrong with him. He's a selfish prima donna and his many transfers prove that.

Losing Moore and Crawford was far more consequential in my opinion.
The selfish prima donna transferred one time before graduating from WFU. The selfish prima donna was also WFU's only All ACC Academic player. And if he quit on his team when you say he did, then that means he endured Manning 2 and a half years, which is longer than most of the rest of the gang. And when were the many games he sat out with no injury, I must have missed that.

Yep, I bet he's secretly miserable playing for Holtmann and that 32nd ranked team, especially when he considers he could be playing for Danny Manning on a team ranked a mere 148 spots higher. Wow, what a tragic mistake.

Back