• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KJ & NFL Combine Thread

Sherman: 4.56
Haden: 4.57

Certainly not saying he's those guys, but I wouldn't be really concerned about 4.52 if I were him, especially with his other numbers.

Some CB had a 12'3" long jump and a 44.5" vertical. That's ridiculous.

Some CB had a 12'3" long jump and a 44.5" vertical. That's ridiculous.

He actually broke the current world record for standing long jump. It's not actually a competitive event outside of some shit in Norway, but that's still crazy. I wonder if he gets credit for it or if the combine doesn't count as an official event.

Sherman: 4.56
Haden: 4.57

Certainly not saying he's those guys, but I wouldn't be really concerned about 4.52 if I were him, especially with his other numbers.

Yep was gonna post this. Certainly 40 times are important. But what Haden and Sherman have are superb ball skills.

Last edited:
Kid from Michigan State ran a 4.31. Jeebus...

Tom Brady and Neil Patrick Harris also have notable ball skills.

That's awesome.

WTF is that? All I know is my fraternity brother's son is Mr. Irrelevant.

WTF is that? All I know is my fraternity brother's son is Mr. Irrelevant.

I think they did this last year. Seniors are captains of teams (4-5 teams) and they draft the remaining players. Teams score points through weight lifting competitions, athletic competitions, staying out of trouble, and academics among other things. I believe it's a way to keep competition levels high and encourage accountability (sorry Wellman) during the off season

I think they did this last year. Seniors are captains of teams (4-5 teams) and they draft the remaining players. Teams score points through weight lifting competitions, athletic competitions, staying out of trouble, and academics among other things. I believe it's a way to keep competition levels high and encourage accountability (sorry Wellman) during the off season

They do a great job of it. All players are picked in front of the entire staff and team which gives both parties a real hard look at who the players respect or think highly of on the team. None of this millennial-type crap where everyone gets a trophy and the last few players are assigned not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Workouts, academics, community service, etc. all are involved.

That's pretty cool and a really creative way to incentivize good behavior. Can't help but to love this staff.

May as well put this on its own thread.

That's awesome. Love what Clawson is doing for the program. Thanks for sharing

Kevin Johnson
Miami Dolphins (8-8)
COLLEGE: Wake Forest
Class: Sr
HT: 6-0
WT: 188
POS: CB

Analysis: This is a bit of a reach here, as Johnson is our 20th-ranked prospect, but given how many good young wide receivers there are in the NFL right now (with another good class on the way), teams such as Miami that need help at cornerback could feel compelled to reach a little bit on the best cornerback prospects in this class. Johnson is an underrated cover corner with excellent change-of-direction skills and good size at 6-foot, and he quietly turned in one of the better overall combine workouts among defensive backs. His 4.52 40 time is slightly above average for a corner, but what was overlooked were his outstanding results in the jumps (41.5-inch vertical, 10 foot, 10 inch broad) and shuttles (3.89 short shuttle, 6.79 long), matching the explosiveness and fluidity he shows on tape. Washington cornerback Marcus Peters is the better player, but his behavioral baggage could push him down the board.

Video highlights Video

Wow that's the highest I have seen him go obviously.

It makes an excellent point about the need for good young CBs to counter the influx of good young WRs last year and probably this year as well. Good thing the Panthers got Benwikere last year.

Back