• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KLEMPSUM: Keys to Victory

A recent poster suggested we should throw to establish the run. I made a similar observation during the FSU game. We had a lot of 3 and outs in both the App State and FSU games. It would be very interesting to know how many of those 3 and outs started with two running plays. I would think it is over 90%. Also during the App State and FSU games, when we started a drive with some uptempo purpose, and we threw often we tended to score. It would be very interesting to know how many of our TD scoring drives started with passes. Our OC seems to have things bassackwards.

App State: 7 three and outs, 4 of these started with two runs (one of these was a QB run from Wolford on first down so I don't recall if it was a pass play where he ran or a designed run)

FSU: 4 three and outs, 3 of these started with two runs

So 7 of 11 three and outs have started run-run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8IF9UnOZBk

Not sure if already posted but Dabo is giving Wake more love than I've ever heard from anyone ever.

I think he probably does "respect" us, but he's doing his best to get his team's attention because he knows after the Louisville night game last week, LOWF coming into Death Valley at noon probably isn't getting his team's attention as much as he'd like. It's worth noting that Clemson's 1 loss last year, wasn't to FSU or Louisville, it was to a very average Pitt team that was certainly not any better than we are. In fact, I think we're better than that Pitt team that beat Clemson last year.

App State: 7 three and outs, 4 of these started with two runs (one of these was a QB run from Wolford on first down so I don't recall if it was a pass play where he ran or a designed run)

FSU: 4 three and outs, 3 of these started with two runs

So 7 of 11 three and outs have started run-run.

what about the four touchdown drives against Appy and FSU. I believe mostly passing on first down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8IF9UnOZBk

Not sure if already posted but Dabo is giving Wake more love than I've ever heard from anyone ever.

Yesterday on PTI one of the Tossup questions was "who stands the better chance of losing a game before the end of the season, Clemson or Alabama?" TK said Alabama, b/c FSU is way down and Alabama has a strong Auburn team. Wilbon said Clemson, b/c he considers WAKE, NCSU, and FSU as all not likely but potential upsets. Surprised but pleased to see us on his list, b/c Clemson also has GT, and finishes with South Carolina on the road. Personally I'd like our chances a lot better if we were at home; concerned that we could get beat up and demoralized down in Death Valley, but for some reason I see us still in it mid-3rd quarter and then it's a matter of does Clemson say "enough of this" and blow us out, or does a busted play or turnover put them on their hells and the pressure works in our favor.

I agree with that. Clemson is more likely to lose, but I'd take them over Bama in a rematch.

I don't remember board reaction to Clemson naming Dabo coach, but I thought it was a joke and that Clemson would fall to the middle of the league. It's stunning what he's doing there.

I don't remember board reaction to Clemson naming Dabo coach, but I thought it was a joke and that Clemson would fall to the middle of the league. It's stunning what he's doing there.

Right place, right time and Dabo was smart enough to get really good assistants, so he could recruit, love on the players and cheerlead. I really respect Dabo. Venables is another matter. A grown man shouldn't need another man to hold him around the waist the whole game to keep him from going on the field.

what about the four touchdown drives against Appy and FSU. I believe mostly passing on first down
Against FSU - first TD drive we had five first downs and threw on four of them (the fifth was Wolford's TD run). Second TD drive had four first downs, threw on three of them.

Against Appy - first TD drive we had five first downs and threw on two of them. Second TD drive had five first downs, threw on three of them.

message to Clawson. if we need a score, throw the ball. The run is not working.

There are no keys to victory unless somebody steals the keys to the Clemson team buses that bring the players to the stadium, and therefore they don't show up.

I think he probably does "respect" us, but he's doing his best to get his team's attention because he knows after the Louisville night game last week, LOWF coming into Death Valley at noon probably isn't getting his team's attention as much as he'd like. It's worth noting that Clemson's 1 loss last year, wasn't to FSU or Louisville, it was to a very average Pitt team that was certainly not any better than we are. In fact, I think we're better than that Pitt team that beat Clemson last year.

Maybe Pitt was no better than we are but they were one of the few teams that beat two power five conference champions last year. They beat both Penn State and Clemson. So they certainly were capable last year and I don’t know of any games that we were even competitive with teams like Penn State and Clemson.

Maybe Pitt was no better than we are but they were one of the few teams that beat two power five conference champions last year. They beat both Penn State and Clemson. So they certainly were capable last year and I don’t know of any games that we were even competitive with teams like Penn State and Clemson.

So, have you decided to quit the parody thing and post logical thoughts, because that's a fair point?

Back