• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - ACC Tourney Opener - Pitt/WF - Tuesday 4:30 pm - ACCN

Well that and people not thinking he was that good.

Yeah, he would have been First Team All-ACC if only he had better players around him to pump up his assist numbers, right ? Luckily the NBA scouts recognize his greatness and he'll be a lottery pick.

Outstanding performance by Chanpagnie for Pittsburgh.

The game was decided by turnovers. The Deacs committed one turnover in the first 14 minutes and had a seven point lead as a result. The next 26 minutes saw the Deacs commit 17 turnovers that allowed Pitt to outscore them 53-37 for a nine point victory. Points off turnovers was a nine point difference at 19-10. We have seen this before on multiple occasions.

The Wake Forest fan base is past due for some positive basketball developments. Let's hope to hear some great news in the near future. If you're reading this you have earned it.

Outstanding performance by Chanpagnie for Pittsburgh.

The game was decided by turnovers. The Deacs committed one turnover in the first 14 minutes and had a seven point lead as a result. The next 26 minutes saw the Deacs commit 17 turnovers that allowed Pitt to outscore them 53-37 for a nine point victory. Points off turnovers was a nine point difference at 19-10. We have seen this before on multiple occasions.

The Wake Forest fan base is past due for some positive basketball developments. Let's hope to hear some great news in the near future. If you're reading this you have earned it.

18 turnovers total today.

Good game Pitt. Now let’s get this asshole out of Winston and bring some energy back!!

#CmonCurrie

Danny and the Miracle....of putting the Wake program in such a hole our opening game next year is in Beijing!

Beat Duke
Beat ND
lose to UNC
lose to State
loss to Pitt

Looks like we turned the corner there.

Typical line for Childress today in his final game:

38 minutes, 17 points on 5-13 shooting (3-7 on 3-pt), 4-5 from the line, 4 assists, 4 turnovers

Dude was handed the starting PG position.
Of an team in the ACC (noted, a shitty one), a conference he wouldn't have otherwise been recruited to play in.

Little Chill is the one who created the "me against the world (and upset Wake fans)" narrative with his tweets over the years.

And let's not forget that Manning was unable to recruit a serviceable guard of any sort because nobody wanted to compete with Childress for minutes once he was handed the job as a sophomore. Funny how that works.

Manning just said in the post-game that he absolutely thought he would be back as coach and he deserve to be because we have taken many steps this year.

I'm hoping the team bus back to Winston left Danny behind so that he can make that long walk back home and think about how we lacked in our paint touches and getting to the free throw line.

Manning just said in the post-game that he absolutely thought he would be back as coach and he deserve to be because we have taken many steps this year.

Did you think he would say, "I did an historically crappy job over the past three years. Only a brain dead moron would even consider bringing me back next year"?

Yes. And he mentioned paint touches and getting to the line in his halftime interview. He's obviously trolling the fan base. I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign. I lean towards a good sign if he doesn't care if the fan base hates him.

Did you think he would say, "I did an historically crappy job over the past three years. Only a brain dead moron would even consider bringing me back next year"?
He could say " I would like to remain Wake Forest coach. I get that we haven't won enough and that this is a results-based business and I understand the fans frustration". That's what normal coaches and real competitors say when they're addressed with a question like that. We've had two coaches in a row seem to get pissed at the fans for expecting performance.

He could say " I would like to remain Wake Forest coach. I get that we haven't won enough and that this is a results-based business and I understand the fans frustration". That's what normal coaches and real competitors say when they're addressed with a question like that. We've had two coaches in a row seem to get pissed at the fans for expecting performance.

It would be one thing if he were the history teacher coaching a middle school basketball team after school but the dude is taking millions of dollars per year to provide entertainment to people like us. As a grad student, I can't fucking imagine how much value for a dollar he thinks he's providing. But then again, that goes for pretty much all sports and entertainment when you're in my shoes, haha.

It's easy to understand that those coaches get pissed with the fans for expecting performance. The athletic department and the university don't have that expectation. The past ten years have shown that accountability has no place at Wake Forest.

I have never heard a coach who is about to be fired say anything like that.

Back