• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report for Notre Dame - Saturday 3 pm ACC Network

Worst-coached team in the P5 by a mile, and we're in the running for worst in all of D1.

FWIW

Game tied at 49, 16:31 to go

We build the 9 point lead on 4/5 3ptrs and 8/13 overall. MW was 3-3 from 3 and CB had the other one. Chilldress and MW had layups and woods had a 2pt shot.

Moore was subbed out at 15:14 with the score 54-51
Moore came back in at 9:24 with the score 64-58 and subbed out at 2:55 with the score tied at 71-71

Moore was 1-2 in the second half, really had minimal impact on offense or in building the 9 point lead.

From the time we were up by 9 at 8:08, we were 0-6 from 3 (Craw 0-2, Chill 0-2, Sarr 0-1, Brown 0-1) and 0-1 from 2 (Woods turn around fade away).

People can argue that Moore should have been in the game the last few minutes, but he really didn't have an impact on the offensive end, especially building our lead.

It's funny, when Sarr got the huge block on Geben to get us the ball back then helped get another miss out of Geben to get us the ball back tied with 40 seconds left, I thought maybe Manning had finally made a coaching move that would work out. When he had Ferrell dead to rights on the following possession even more so. Then the Wake Forest kicked in. It's amazing really.

They played man most of the 2nd half. We got easy looks against the zone in the 1st half. We were 4 guard most of the 16-2 run by them-no Doral. Unless he was hurt, we needed him & another big.

Not at all sure if it is coaching or poor players. But it is true that once we got up 9 we stopped doing what got us up 9.

This is the problem, we shoot 80% from 3 to build our lead, which opens up wide open layups by MW and Childress who are not so good at layups, especially if contested. Then we go 0-6 from 3, 2 of those were bad because they were forced by the shot clock running down.

We have our 3pt shooters (Crawford 36%, Woods 40%, Chilldress 40% and MW 44%) out of those you should be able to make an open shot with the game on the line.

Sarr's 3pt was the LD shot of 'you are open for a reason'.

But you can bet the worst 3 point shooter of the bunch will be chucking with the game on the line

This is the problem, we shoot 80% from 3 to build our lead, which opens up wide open layups by MW and Childress who are not so good at layups, especially if contested. Then we go 0-6 from 3, 2 of those were bad because they were forced by the shot clock running down.

We have our 3pt shooters (Crawford 36%, Woods 40%, Chilldress 40% and MW 44%) out of those you should be able to make an open shot with the game on the line.

Sarr's 3pt was the LD shot of 'you are open for a reason'.

Season 3PT %s or ACC play only?

With 2 seconds on the shot clock we had Sarr and Childress in a locked-down double team behind the NBA 3 point line. Sarr had zero awareness of the shot clock, backed off Farrell, game over.

Leading up to that, after Woods took a forced fade-away jumper down 5 during Notre Dame's run, we took 5 consecutive uncontested 3's. Of course we went 0 for 5 on them (Chill missed 2, Sarr 1, Craw 1, Brown 1).

Statistically, we could have run the shot clock down to 1 on each possession and tossed a shot from half court and done better. And this is ignoring the 0% from deep, 6 point performance Crawford vomited up.

It'd be hard to believe if it wasn't routine for us. I was watching with a buddy and right before tip I told him we'd keep it close till the end but Farrell would bury us because we have no clutch players. Unreal.

That about sums it up.

But hey..Hoard and Mucius are on the way to save the day!

Score 2 points in 8 minutes to blow a double digit lead. ND hits a crazy 3 to take a 3 point lead with 4 seconds left. We inbound, push, hit the 3 to tie, but our clock keeper didn't start the clock. We can't inbound the ball, so Chill tries to throw it off the defender, but the defender just catches the ball.

You seriously can't make this shit up.

That’s why we watch. It’s incredible.

Inept coaching and a roster loaded with anti-clutch players is a powerful cocktail of shittiness.

Just read the entire thread. The Colonel said it best, though several other posters said the same thing. Choke jobs like today for an entire season demand the players and coaching staff share the blame. Pin the tail on the donkey doesn't capture the futility or the ineptitude that we have witnessed this season.

Done with Manning, he is a stubborn clown

This. No bullshit, I am convinced I could lead this team and implement a better offensive and defensive game plan than him. I wish he’d have some pride and just realize how terrible he is as a head coach and quit or retire.

What was up with that last out of bounds play? Any ideas on why Childress was taking it out? Was he supposed to be the shooter? If so, that's the most common 3 pt shot-to-win-a-game play imaginable. I figured Wilbekin would cut through a few screens for an open look. He was on fire all game and it was senior day. Instead we had out shortest player take it, a mistake that ND easily covered with their biggest body.

They played man most of the 2nd half. We got easy looks against the zone in the 1st half. We were 4 guard most of the 16-2 run by them-no Doral. Unless he was hurt, we needed him & another big.

I was at the game and the center of the zone was open the whole first half. If you could shoot a jumper, you were going to score.

Back