• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Is Back! NC A&T - Saturday 2 pm ACC Network

I realize that it is not fashionable to say anything positive on here regarding WF BB; but this team is so much better than last year's team! Last year we would have lost this game. We played hesitant due to the way the game was being called. But we have better athletes who are also better players.

We can't afford for Sarr or Hoard to get in foul trouble. And Brown needs to be more assertive.

Still, this team could be fun to watch.

I realize that it is not fashionable to say anything positive on here regarding WF BB; but this team is so much better than last year's team! Last year we would have lost this game. We played hesitant due to the way the game was being called. But we have better athletes who are also better players.

We can't afford for Sarr or Hoard to get in foul trouble. And Brown needs to be more assertive.

Still, this team could be fun to watch.

This team has some potential. I am not sure Sarr is that important though.

This team has some potential. I am not sure Sarr is that important though.

I think Sarr needs to play 20+ minutes but the end of game lineup should be Hoard and Mucius with three of Childress, Johnson, Wright, and Chaundee.

Still struggling in the last 5 minutes. Only up 8.

I felt they had the game under control. A bunch of new pieces that have brought some real talent with them. Past team I think we would have been more nervous.

Early but not all bad so it seems.

Against a good team, it wouldn't matter how well we'd play it. They would shred it.

Michigan has been using it as a wrinkle for years now. Usually just for a few minutes a half when they do, but it has been effective, especially when they're looking to trap. I'd be cool with that usage, but like others have said, I have 0 faith Manning can implement it.

Enjoyed watching the team for the first time and glad we got the win, but A&T is horrible and the game tells us pretty much nothing about how good Wake Forest will be this year.

Myrtle Beach should tell us a lot more.

I think Johnson is a good addition.

He hustled on D and seemed to know his role. We'll learn more about him as the level of competition increases. I was impressed with Wright, Jr.'s debut. He got the minutes vacated by Keyshawn Woods, and - unlike Woods - he can take the ball to the rack. Like having a 6'5 guard who can handle the ball.

Dropped 10 spots in KenPom from this game. Giving up so many points to such a terrible team like A&T is really just unacceptable. Next week's tournament should tell us a lot more.

Enjoyed watching the team for the first time and glad we got the win, but A&T is horrible and the game tells us pretty much nothing about how good Wake Forest will be this year.

Myrtle Beach should tell us a lot more.

I don't get the idea that A&T is horrible. They shot the ball well, played decent D (given their size and athletic disadvantage), did not turn the ball over a lot and hustled on both ends of the court. They seemed well coached. I have seen much worse teams...and worse teams that beat WF.

I would like to see almost all non-center minutes be from Hoard, Mucius, Chill, Brown, & Wright.

Those guys are all really solid. Let Sarr have 25+ and the rest of the big men could split the other 15.

That team would be pretty good. I doubt Manning will see it that way as Manning likes to play his bad players as well.

Yep. Playing your bad players leads to losing.

Was there today. Here are my takeaways.

Sarr is much improved but needs to stop putting the ball on the floor.
Brown and Childress are glue guys that will make or break us this year. Brown plays hard defense and is pretty smooth. I’d like to see him be more assertive as Mebane mentioned. Childress gives us 100% + every game he plays.
Hoard is the real deal and looks like he has a Collins like gear. He’s very polished for a freshman.
Mucius is going to be VERY good for us. He’s smooth, athletic and plays hard. He dove on the floor for a loose ball today which was the second time he’s done that this season...good to see
Wright is a gamer and will play some meaningful minutes this year.
Good to see Lewis get on the floor. In limited action he played hard but isn’t ready to contribute meaningful minutes yet.

Overall I feel like this team likes each other and enjoys playing together, which is nice. We are also the type of team that is going to get better as the season progresses, unlike the last 8 seasons. It’s going to be a long year but we will be much more enjoyable to watch and have enough legitimate ACC talent that we should win some games we shouldn’t as the season progresses.

We won a football game and a basketball game this week. We don't do that very often. I'll take what I can get.

After one game I'm happy with how Hoard, Wright Jr., and Mucius look as freshmen. A good start on that front.

I don't get the idea that A&T is horrible. They shot the ball well, played decent D (given their size and athletic disadvantage), did not turn the ball over a lot and hustled on both ends of the court. They seemed well coached. I have seen much worse teams...and worse teams that beat WF.

Did you hear the part about A&T not beating a top 200 team in over 4 years?

They are one of the ~30 worst teams in D1.

It would have been a worse loss than any other I can remember.

But agree that they didn’t look terrible today or against UNCG.

Back