• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report NC State Wolfpack - TONIGHT YES FRIDAY - 7 PM - ACCN

Need Currie to make the firing official before the game so that Wake fans can relax and pull for the Deacons.

Would be nice to have a coach not afraid to play Sarr more than 20 minutes.

6 - How will the team react to the twitter claims that Wake and Manning are negotiating a parting of the ways ?

... if the post-game presser is streamed somewhere.

Need Currie to make the firing official before the game so that Wake fans can relax and pull for the Deacons.

It’s always sweet to beat State, Carolina or Duke in their own gyms, if you grew up on Tobacco Road. It’s also very rare — State in 2017, UNC in 2010 ?? Were those the only ones in the last 10 years?

If this happened, I would watch the absolute fuck out of this game. Just pull some Vineyard Vines jamoke out of the crowd and let him coach the last game.

Really don't understand the obsessive focus on Manning as it relates to beating NC State. No one wants him coaching WF after the season, and along those lines, it has been reliably reported that WF is taking steps to terminate his contract. Beating State (like beating Duke and UNC) to end the regular season is the point of rooting for WF. If WF wins tonight, it's a good thing; it's not going to save Manning's job, and it's not going to materially improve WF's awful record over the last six seasons, but NC State's misery as the result of a WF road upset should be something that unites all WF's fans.

I'd like for us to beat the Pack, but my GAF meter is pegged low enough that if the hoops and baseball Deacs are going a combined .500 on the weekend, I'd prefer the hoops team lose so that baseball can get a series win

(I know this is not how things really work; just an illustration)

and I really don't care all that much about WF baseball

Anyone care to tell me why this thread has 13 pages? I’m too lazy to read through 13 pages to find out. I’m pretty sure we haven’t had a single one of these go 13 pages so far this year...

Really don't understand the obsessive focus on Manning as it relates to beating NC State. No one wants him coaching WF after the season, and along those lines, it has been reliably reported that WF is taking steps to terminate his contract. Beating State (like beating Duke and UNC) to end the regular season is the point of rooting for WF. If WF wins tonight, it's a good thing; it's not going to save Manning's job, and it's not going to materially improve WF's awful record over the last six seasons, but NC State's misery as the result of a WF road upset should be something that unites all WF's fans.

Having someone other than Doofus coaching Wake would improve the odds of winning. Further, I am never convinced that enough losing is enough.

Manning has lost 19 or more games 4 of 5 years and 14 in the other. Somehow I am not convinced that beating NC State and winning a couple of games against bad opponents in the early rounds of the ACC tournament would not be enough of an excuse to avoid swallowing that huge buyout.

Awful lot of quiet since that reliable report.

Anyone care to tell me why this thread has 13 pages? I’m too lazy to read through 13 pages to find out. I’m pretty sure we haven’t had a single one of these go 13 pages so far this year...

It is a continuation of the thread from the first matchup.

15 years ago after Chris Paul's game-winning 14 foot floater / fadeaway layup swished in and we beat State in Raleigh on a last second shot, Skip Prosser gave an oncourt interview and said, "They say a team reflects their coach, and this was one ugly win."

Goddamn, I still miss Skip Prosser.

And don't forget that Jeffy B did beat Duke, Carowhina & the Wuffies in 2013-14, had a winning 17-16 season but went 6-12 in the ACC and got fired. He can still claim he doesn't know how he got fired when he beat those 3 awesome basketball teams. The real assertion ought to be to him is how can he get the effort to beat those 3 teams and NOT be 12-6 in the ACC instead of 6-12 and "only" 17-16.
Then at one point in the middle of the season he loses 7 in a row to the likes of unranked GT, MD, FSU & State and previously unranked UVa & Pitt. A lot of that can be used this year when watching a team beat Duke & UNC yet got 13-16 and struggle against Ivy bottom feeder Columbia at home, lose to Charlotte, let a bad VT team beat us at home then blow a lot of 2nd half leads in that stretch before we beat UNC.

How many fucking open 3 point shots are we going to give them? Coach K would have blown a gasket watching our lazy defense on the perimeter.

Leaving shooters wide open is what we do best on defense.

Dm felt good about this one.

‘That’s life’

Back