• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Notre Dame - Saturday 4 pm - LJVM - RSN

I hesitate to say this, but I will anyway.
Sarr’s 30 and 17 performance against a decent team was ‘Duncan-esque’ ’

I hesitate to say this, but I will anyway.
Sarr’s 30 and 17 performance against a decent team was ‘Duncan-esque’ ’

I’m not sure Duncan ever had a 30/17 game. He had many games with more than 17 rebounds but very few with 30+ points. [In no way am I claiming Sarr is close to Duncan - just pointing out the stats].

He didn’t. He had two games at the 30/10 threshold and three 20/20 games. Collins had 31/15 at Duke.

He didn’t. He had two games at the 30/10 threshold and three 20/20 games. Collins had 31/15 at Duke.

So, Manning had a guy that compared to John Collins and Tim Duncan stats-wise but did not start for most of the year.

Same guy that played future NBA all-star John Collins 8 minutes a game while losing 20 games in a season.

He has looked good the last four games.

The last 2 games he has looked like a first team AA. And that was against two of the top semi-centers in the ACC, if not the top two. If he finishes the season with the same kind of games, it will be interesting to see if the NBA interest picks up. If not, it would be awesome if he comes back next year and puts together a full season of these kind of games. That would be ACC POY - first team AA level.

Sarr and Brown would be wise to return for their senior year. Both have shown improvement during the course of the season. They will be featured players next year and similar improvement could put both in the NBA draft, especially if their play results in a winning season and post season play. They are not there yet.

The past two victories are evidence that this team was capable of more than has been shown. Mucius and Massoud have improved and have skills. Neath is emerging as a good PG. I suspect Wright could emerge if released from the dog house and if he returned. That is a start.

This is by no means an endorsement of Danny Manning. Six years of results overwhelm two wins. An ACC championship trophy is the only reason to reconsider his fate.

If Manning takes the blame for the losses, as he should, he should probably also get credit for the wins

When Manning the loser is back next season I hope you people take solace in this little run of wins.

This makes win #2 of what would need to be a 10+ game winning streak to reasonably consider keeping him as head coach another year.

I hadn’t been to a game in five years before last night. The crowd was actually pretty good. And when ND had completely eliminated our lead and pulled ahead in the second half, the crowd got up on their feet. It was fun. I give the team credit for not folding after ND came back from the 13 point halftime deficit.

Sarr and Brown would be wise to return for their senior year. Both have shown improvement during the course of the season. They will be featured players next year and similar improvement could put both in the NBA draft, especially if their play results in a winning season and post season play. They are not there yet.

The past two victories are evidence that this team was capable of more than has been shown. Mucius and Massoud have improved and have skills. Neath is emerging as a good PG. I suspect Wright could emerge if released from the dog house and if he returned. That is a start.

This is by no means an endorsement of Danny Manning. Six years of results overwhelm two wins. An ACC championship trophy is the only reason to reconsider his fate.

I’m not sure Wright is in the doghouse as much as he is still suffering from his dad’s situation. That’s why he took some time off.

It does seem like the stars are aligning for us to ruin another NC State sports year.

He'd be well served to come back. He'd have some spotlight on him and preseason hype.

Didn't Dinos sign a 2 year 2mil contract? If Dinos can make a million a year in Greece then Sarr should be able to find an even better contract.

Our track record with players coming back and turning down pro $ has been awful under DMan. In fact, name 1?

Back