• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the Charlotte 49ers UNCC -- Football School

Others must have had a very different experience on Facebook than I did. Went to the page, feed started immediately, maximized to screen, streaming quality was great. Had zero issues, production quality much better than ESPN3. Did people not realize they could maximize the screen and get rid of the emojis and Facebook Live shit?

I had the same experience as DC. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the feed. Only a couple of hiccups - no long freezes like watch ESPN.

I had no problem with that at all. Full screen very good video quality

Last edited:
I was very impressed with our defensive effort. Protect the rim, create turnovers, don't let the other team get in a groove with easy shots and those open 3 pointers magically don't go in as often. I will gladly trade a lackluster offensive performance in the 2nd half of a blowout for a full game defensive effort like we had tonight.

Like what I see out of Okeke. I think he could turn into a quite serviceable big man.

And Sarr? The sky is the limit there.

Last edited:
I was very impressed with our defensive effort. Protect the rim, create turnovers, don't let the other team get in a groove with easy shots and those open 3 pointers magically don't go in as often. I will gladly trade a lackluster offensive performance in the 2nd half of a blowout for a full game defensive effort like we had tonight.

Like what I see out of Okeke. I think he could turn into a quite serviceable big man.

And Sarr? The sky is the limit there.

Agree about Okeke. Really nice addition to that class given that we got him as a walk-on. Doesn't look lost when he's out there. Strong, plays hard...I'm very interested to see how he continues to develop.

Sarr could be scary good.

Feed was great for me. Froze up a couple times (screen just went to black but the viewer count and facebook logo stayed up) but it came back after a few seconds. Streamed better from my computer to chrome cast than espn3 normally does.

Surprised so many of you were cool with the Facebook. I watch everything WF related at all in any way I can. I turned this off in 45 minutes because I couldn't take it.

Edited to add I have never understood the ESPN3 hate. I've never had a problem.

My attitude about these streaming options is that the old adage applies: "It's better than nothing." Nothing is what we used to get.

"Nothing" hasn't been an option for quite some time - ESPN360/WatchESPN/ESPN3 has been around for a while now, so there's no excuse for it to be as bad as it is*. That's like saying a shitty LTE network is better than nothing because we used to not have cell phones.

*And by that, I mean the terrible chyron they added this year, the shitty audio production, and the amateur announcers. Although I'm sure the latter is a symptom of Wake games landing at the bottom of the priority list.

Surprised so many of you were cool with the Facebook. I watch everything WF related at all in any way I can. I turned this off in 45 minutes because I couldn't take it.

Edited to add I have never understood the ESPN3 hate. I've never had a problem.

Couldn't take what? The announcers? That's what mute is for. The emojis? That's why there's an option to turn them off. The chat? That's why you go full screen. I had one pause towards the end, but otherwise the picture was clear and sharp and never hiccuped.

The part I couldn't take was them filling time during timeouts. I just muted it, and muted it when I needed a break from announcers.

Facebook feed worked great. Watched on my phone, and once I realized I could hide the comments and emojis flying across the screen it was much better than ESPN3. And the commentary and sideline reporting was better/more entertaining. Who'dda thought?

My attitude about these streaming options is that the old adage applies: "It's better than nothing." Nothing is what we used to get.

The issue for me is that when I turned on the real TV looking for the game, I found at least 10 other CBB games being televised at 7pm, several of which did not involve P5 teams. There are literally 100 sports channels, there is absolutely no reason that a game featuring an ACC team should not be televised. If I can watch Niagara play New Hampshire on my TV, then I should be able to watch Wake play Charlotte. Instead, the Facebook thing wouldn't load on my computer and wouldn't load on my ipad. I got it to work on my phone, but it wouldn't play on the AppleTV. So I watched it on my phone like a basement-dwelling millennial for about 20 minutes and then turned it off and watched Log Cabin Kings on TV.

So what does this team need to realistically go in conference to make the tourney with those three horrid early losses? 11-7?

Need the top thirty teams to all get two losses while we get no losses and we will be back in it.

The issue for me is that when I turned on the real TV looking for the game, I found at least 10 other CBB games being televised at 7pm, several of which did not involve P5 teams. There are literally 100 sports channels, there is absolutely no reason that a game featuring an ACC team should not be televised. If I can watch Niagara play New Hampshire on my TV, then I should be able to watch Wake play Charlotte. Instead, the Facebook thing wouldn't load on my computer and wouldn't load on my ipad. I got it to work on my phone, but it wouldn't play on the AppleTV. So I watched it on my phone like a basement-dwelling millennial for about 20 minutes and then turned it off and watched Log Cabin Kings on TV.

It's capitalism baby. CUSA signed on to whatever this Stadium thing is. You should be embracing this bro.

Followed the BSD feed and it worked great. Thanks for making it happen fellas!

No problem. I don't think we got any of the additional stuff since it was embedded, so that blocked out the scrolling comments and the emoticons that were apparently prevalent on Facebook.

So what does this team need to realistically go in conference to make the tourney with those three horrid early losses? 11-7?

Prob depends who we beat/how we beat them, but yeah that's probably right. I bet 10-8 with a couple big wins and an ACC tourney run (hah, yeah right) would do it.

Assuming we win out and go 11-7 that puts us at 18-12 (11-7) headed into the ACC Tournament. If we won two games in the tourney to get to the semis (since we probably wouldn't be playing on Tuesday at 11-6), that would be 20-13 with a semis loss.

Even that feels like a long shot with losses to Liberty and Drake, but it depends on who we beat in conference and how good the teams we lost to early on actually are. The Georgia Southern and Houston losses won't hurt us too much, the first two will.

I don't think the NCAA is a very realistic goal at this point, but maybe we are a lot better than I think we are.

Back