• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the Fighting Illini (UI)

According to ESPN Doral only had one block...Did he play close to 30 minutes tonight?

We need Key to start. He's looked terrible coming off the bench.

He may have only been credited with one block, but i counted at least five times he went up and completely disrupted the opponent's shot at the rim. Might as well have been blocks.

Lol at the #creamyscoop that's Crawford was 100% going to the NBA this year. CMM level regression so far this year. Probably worse.

Easy, bro. Trust the process.

I just said that he'd leave. That could be NBA or Europe.

Well, the Deacs won a game and this thread was more amusing than the comedy channel. Not a bad night. Thanks to all.

BTW, RJKarl did you enjoy seeing Sarr and Moore on the floor together down the stretch? I did.

Absolutely.

Even at 280, he looks kinda thin.

By himself he does look thin. During one of the 'official reviews' he was standing there with a couple of teammates and I thought 'He's a lot bigger than I thought'.

The zone makes a lot of sense for a lot of different reasons for Wake. It will be problematic against good three-point shooting teams (hell Illinois still shot over 40% tonight from behind the arc), but tonight it did exactly what it was supposed to do---disrupt the flow, prevent the slashers, and force three point attempts. It's why we won the game.

Illinois came in as the number one three point shooting team in the country.

Which goes to show how meaningless stats like that one are at this time of the year.

That one kid can really shoot. Not sure what was up with Finke. He is usually a very competent shooter.

Last edited:
Illinois came in as the number one three point shooting team in the country.

Illinois has struggled from deep (31 % #259 from 3; only 23% of their offense comes from 3s #313)

After reading the Reddit game thread and post game thread the Illini fans seem to be convinced that we were handed this game by poor officiating. Many saying "it was the worst officiated game they had ever seen" and that we benefited from "some home cooking." It is good to taste the tears of our vanquished foes again as they try to justify why they just lost to LOWF.

After reading the Reddit game thread and post game thread the Illini fans seem to be convinced that we were handed this game by poor officiating. Many saying "it was the worst officiated game they had ever seen" and that we benefited from "some home cooking." It is good to taste the tears of our vanquished foes again as they try to justify why they just lost to LOWF.

Someone let bkf find those threads. He’ll learn those youths !

Many are calling this a terrible loss for them. They actully think they have a shot at the NCAAT. You're over 20 spots lower on KP than us and were on the road, you dolts. You suck more than we do.

BTW, RJKarl did you enjoy seeing Sarr and Moore on the floor together down the stretch? I did.

Moore and Sarr definitely look good on the court together. Love the potential both on offensive and defensive end of the court. The Moore/Sarr duo with Mitchell/Brown at forward, along with any 2 of our guards seems to be best mix. I really think that team can be great offensively and "good enough" defensively. Have TT, SJM, Melo etc to play just spot minutes here and there. To be decent this year we just need Crawford/Woods/Chill to get heads out of their asses and eliminate egregiously careless turnovers and actually run offense instead of 1vs5 hero ball. Woods also needs to play some semblance of defense---even Mitch is making him look bad.

Illinois fans thinking they may go dancing is LOL. They’re projected to go 6-12 in the big 10. They beat the 272nd ranked team by 3 at home.

Rebounding should improve as the players and coaches learn their roles in the zone better and also as Sarr and Chaundee gain experience and adjust to the speed and length at this level. Loved the zone as it accomplished what we needed it to do by giving Doral some down time and forcing them to try and shoot their way out of it. Matching up in the zone does enable guys like Brandon to chase their better shooters and make them work to get open shots.

Well, the Deacs won a game and this thread was more amusing than the comedy channel. Not a bad night. Thanks to all.

Yep...and hopefully Danny will use December to ease them into playing together more and eventually start them together. It will also be nice to see Donovan as the first big off the bench.

I am quickly becoming a Donovan Mitchell fan. Time will tell, of course, but he seems to have the skill set. Hope he gets to develop more with increasing playing time.

Back