• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Western Carolina Catamounts 7 pm Tuesday - ACC Network

If anyone here goes to the game please do a legit headcount at tipoff and start posting the real numbers here. We need to concentrate more on the financial losses vs how much is the buyout.

That's the Catch 22. No one goes so no one is available to do actual head counts.

Deacs -15.5 at my book...

I REALLY want to take Wake Forest tonight... Seems like a no brainer. But I have zero confidence that they won't shit the bed down the stretch again when assholes start to pucker. It's dangerous to have no confidence in your ability to finish.

Deacs -15.5 at my book...

I REALLY want to take Wake Forest tonight... Seems like a no brainer. But I have zero confidence that they won't shit the bed down the stretch again when assholes start to pucker. It's dangerous to have no confidence in your ability to finish.

Which is ridiculous if our current players have this lack of confidence. All of these young and new guys shouldn't have that asshole puckering feeling...yet...HBU shouldn't single handily do it to them.

Which is ridiculous if our current players have this lack of confidence. All of these young and new guys shouldn't have that asshole puckering feeling...yet...HBU shouldn't single handily do it to them.

Maybe just Childress?

<weird pirouette out of bounds>

Yeah, go with a clip board and make tally marks for each person you see. Make sure you don’t double-count people who go to the bathroom or food and come back to their seats. Also make sure you don’t miss anyone who comes in late or leaves early. I want a legit headcount real number here.

If the crowd is really sparse this may work, but I worry about people moving around and getting double counted that way. May be better off putting together some sort of randomized sampling design, like pick 10 random sections, count everyone there, then extrapolate, though you might need a zero-inflated negative-binomial model for these data if there are lots of completely empty sections...I'd suggest a repeated counts design because those are more statistically meaningful. The best option would be to take photos, because then the subjects don't move and you can get a true count.

BSD posted predictions where everyone is cautiously optimistic in saying we'll blow them out, but giving spreads of like 12-15 points. That isn't a blowout.

I think we win by 25+ tonight. Energy from the jump. Never look back.

Would love to see a shakeup in the starting lineup, but accountability isn't really Manning's thing.

Good thing I don't have the ACC network. I'll be checking out the other ACC teams in the B10 Challenge instead. And I'm a little pissed at Clemson for losing at home last night.

Good thing I don't have the ACC network. I'll be checking out the other ACC teams in the B10 Challenge instead. And I'm a little pissed at Clemson for losing at home last night.

pretty sure ACC network is covered through Watch ESPN as well, if you really wanted to punish yourself tonight.

Bold prediction: Sophomore Guard Matt Halvorsen straight outta Christ School has a career night and torches the historically excellent Deac defense for 32 points, leading the Catamounts to a not really that surprising victory.

Bold prediction: Sophomore Guard Matt Halvorsen straight outta Christ School has a career night and torches the historically excellent Deac defense for 32 points, leading the Catamounts to a not really that surprising victory.

Shut up Fatamount, the Deacs are going to torch WCU by at least 5 points.

We will win tonight because our players are embarrassed from losing to a school like Houston Baptist.

That is the type of game, where a guy like say Roy Williams (super old, but a good coach duh)...goes in at half-time...and says...why is this a close game...lights up the players...gets in their faces and yells at them...antics...you are seriously practicing AFTER this game if we don't play defense...then they come out and outplay their opponent in the second half.

Sort of like what UNC just did to UCLA.

Different level, since we are now on the NAIA level, but that's my take on good versus bad coaching in 2018.

But what if the players realize they only have to throw one more game to get Manning fired?

Realize what? Manning isn’t getting fired.

Realize what? Manning isn’t getting fired.

Hatch/Wellman aren't going to fire Manning during the season for losing games. The only way he gets fired during the season is if he does something to embarrass the school and unfortunately losing to teams like Houston Baptist isn't embarrassing to Hatch/Wellman..

Back