• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report @ the Pitt Panthers - Noon Saturday - RSN

Road ACC win, bad for getting rid of Manning.

Our starting line-up should be:

Childress
Brown
Sarr
Mucius
Massoud

That should actually be a better than average starting line-up, but we would have nothing on the bench.

Childress should not be running the point. He is a turn over machine and a shoot first point guard. I would like to see Wright at point guard and see if we could have a guard that creates for his teammates and drastically reduces our turn overs. Today we had 14 turnovers. If we had 8 turnovers like Pitt today and hit 50 percent of the other 6 positions we would have at least 6 extra points in this game. In the last 5 minutes Childress turned the ball over and took a bad shot. He is a major liability on the court. The reason we won today is because he did not shoot us out of the game and turn the ball over like he normally does.

Tough for Wright to contribute while suspended. Plus you cant play point if your courtvision is blocked by hair in the eyes.

Childress should not be running the point. He is a turn over machine and a shoot first point guard. I would like to see Wright at point guard and see if we could have a guard that creates for his teammates and drastically reduces our turn overs. Today we had 14 turnovers. If we had 8 turnovers like Pitt today and hit 50 percent of the other 6 positions we would have at least 6 extra points in this game. In the last 5 minutes Childress turned the ball over and took a bad shot. He is a major liability on the court. The reason we won today is because he did not shoot us out of the game and turn the ball over like he normally does.

Torry Johnson played a lot point guard today. I thought he overall did better than Brandon. He isn’t a great ball handler, but he’s smart passing the ball He sees the court better than Brandon. Sarr might see the court better than anyone. He had a bunch of nice passes. It might help being a 7 footer.

Brandon had 6 assists and two turnovers. That is hardly a "turnover machine." He was 2- 4 and 1-2 from 3. 3-4 FT, including two at the end to ice the game. He was +12 for the game. Second only to Sarr (+13). Pretty good game for him.

Chaundee back in a boot so I’m guessing he tweaked that ankle again.

That is a shame and does not bode well for FSU or Duke(our toughest for the next month back to back) but let's heal him up for the 3 games after.

That is a shame and does not bode well for FSU or Duke(our toughest for the next month back to back) but let's heal him up for the 3 games after.

Yes. Better he take the next 10 days to let his ankle heal than to play hobbled against FSU and Duke, and then continue to be hobbled the rest of the year. Chaundee playing or not is unlikely to make a difference in the outcome of either of those games. His presence, and playing at or near 100% could make a difference in the VaTech, BC and Clemson games.

Brandon had 6 assists and two turnovers. That is hardly a "turnover machine." He was 2- 4 and 1-2 from 3. 3-4 FT, including two at the end to ice the game. He was +12 for the game. Second only to Sarr (+13). Pretty good game for him.

He had an atypical game.

Brandon has had his share of clunkers. Today wasn't one of them. He passed up two open three's to assist Massoud for two three's in the 12-2 run that turned a two point deficit into and eight point lead. Johnson assisted on a Massoud layup in that run as well. Senior guards recognizing and fueling the hot hand. Pitt never had the lead again.

That was the first time this season I recall Manning and the team giving Massoud some run after he hit a three. What in the world is going on?

Last edited:
Brandon has had his share of clunkers. Today wasn't one of them. He passed up two open three's to assist Massoud for two three's in the 12-2 run that turned a two point deficit into and eight point lead. Johnson assisted on a Massoud layup in that run as well. Senior guards recognizing and fueling the hot hand. Pitt never had the lead again.

That was the first time this season I recall Manning and the team giving Massoud some run after he hit a three. What in the world is going on?

Rex Walters coaching.

Interesting no congratulatory tweet from Currie after the win today. He usually tweets after every deacon victory.

LOL at the idea of someone on our team running the point other than Childress. We have no one remotely close to being as capable. "Shoot first" PG with 6 assists this game vs 4 shot attempts.

LOL at the idea of someone on our team running the point other than Childress. We have no one remotely close to being as capable. "Shoot first" PG with 6 assists this game vs 4 shot attempts.

Don’t you mean “we have no other coaches’ sons”???

We didn't make a field goal in the last 4 minutes. 0/5 plus a missed front end of a 1 and 1. Luckily Pitt missed everything as well. We played solid defense on the last couple possessions, sure. But good teams make at least a bucket in the last 4 minutes even if you play good defense. Definitely a double choke, especially when you consider our awkward turnovers.

Pretty accurate. They missed both free throws while down 1 point and never scored again. Wake's defense was pretty good but that was very unclutch offense.

Must say I was surprised. This was actually a decent defensive performance for the first time in a long time. He still should be fired but have to give them their props when they earn them.

This team would be borderline decent with an actual point guard on the roster. I have found myself wondering what it would look like if the Dosunmu kid had come to Wake instead of going to Illinois, for example. Sarr and Brown have been legit ACC frontcourt players when healthy, and we are getting good contributions from Mucius, Ody, and Massoud. The backcourt is weak, though. Having a real PG that would allow Brandon to slide to the off guard position would be huge.

Way better had Dosunmu come to WF.

Back