• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report WF @ Dook - Saturday 8 pm - ACCN

You guys may be forgetting that K is a master tactician and knows that a competitive loss to Duke will make keeping Manning more palatable to the masses, and that only benefits Duke.

We may be so bad that there’s little he can do to keep it close. But I don’t think he’s actively gunning for a blowout in this one. Sadly he’s playing chess while the WF Facebook fanboys are playing checkers. Or maybe tic tac toe.

It's in Cameron. Chaundee unlikely to play. K gets to play his walkons the last five minutes as Duke rolls. Duke hits the century mark. Wake struggles to get past 60.

As a guy who lived/breathed WFU and ACC basketball for years, this tells you what Wellman has done to my give-a-shit:
I had no idea Chaundee is not playing, and less of an idea if it's b/c of injury, sickness, suspension, etc.
I don't know what position he plays, though pretty sure it's not guard (going to guess forward, b/c I know Chill's son is a guard and the Sarr kid from France is a center, so sort of narrows it down).
If the entire Wake team walked in my living room right now the only one I'd be able to identify for sure is Chill's kid; I know we've got one guy with spikey hair but no idea if that's Chaundee or not.
I'm well-aware that the above is as much about me as it is the state of WFU basketball (the whole college BB landscape and the ACC is particular has changed to the point its just doesn't stir the passions as much as it used to), but OTOH I'm at every home FB game and a handful of baseball games each year so it's not all "just me".

You guys may be forgetting that K is a master tactician and knows that a competitive loss to Duke will make keeping Manning more palatable to the masses, and that only benefits Duke.

We may be so bad that there’s little he can do to keep it close. But I don’t think he’s actively gunning for a blowout in this one. Sadly he’s playing chess while the WF Facebook fanboys are playing checkers. Or maybe tic tac toe.

Or drooling.

Not defending Manning in any way, but because Duke's defense was not set, Chaundee had a chance at a makeable put-back that just rolled off the rim for the win. Generally think the defense has the edge in college after timeouts in the final seconds.

That’s conventional wisdom. Do the numbers back it up?

Seems like in the NBA they usually choose to call a timeout to advance the ball and inbound and risk letting the defense set.

It’s a no win situation for Wake. Manning isn’t going to outcoach K during a timeout and our players would struggle to outplay their players.

As a guy who lived/breathed WFU and ACC basketball for years, this tells you what Wellman has done to my give-a-shit:
I had no idea Chaundee is not playing, and less of an idea if it's b/c of injury, sickness, suspension, etc.
I don't know what position he plays, though pretty sure it's not guard (going to guess forward, b/c I know Chill's son is a guard and the Sarr kid from France is a center, so sort of narrows it down).
If the entire Wake team walked in my living room right now the only one I'd be able to identify for sure is Chill's kid; I know we've got one guy with spikey hair but no idea if that's Chaundee or not.
I'm well-aware that the above is as much about me as it is the state of WFU basketball (the whole college BB landscape and the ACC is particular has changed to the point its just doesn't stir the passions as much as it used to), but OTOH I'm at every home FB game and a handful of baseball games each year so it's not all "just me".

Not sure if we have a Deac with spikey hair but we do have one with "hair in his eyes".

Wake +19.5 in season 6 of the lost decade.

This should be all Currie needs to make a coaching change! :mad:

kaye will not allow a total blowout. Keeps Manning around and locks in a couple of wins for him.

The put back attempt looked like if it had to be reviewed would have been late. No one looked at it because it didn't go in. Probably would have been a case of excitement to disappointment last year. Hard to tell from video above but would have been close I think.

I'm old, and for the first time in my life I dreamed about a Wake bball game...this one. We lost 90-29. Lay the points. 5 star lock.

I suppose I’ll watch until the Titans/Ravens game comes on.

This announcer just said Wake is very competitive. He immediately lost all credibility.

Danny Manning is running a zone defense against Duke. Smh.

Manning is such an embarrassment. What may be worse is by my count there are 2 posts on this game so far

Manning is such an embarrassment. What may be worse is by my count there are 2 posts on this game so far

I was thinking the exact same thing on both your points. Page 2 is all we are at. Should have 10 pages of posts by now. Fan base has given up. DM can NOT coach!

Like everyone else, I had zero expectations with this game.

HOWEVER, our off-ball movement, defensive help and passing are something that would get many junior high school coaches reassigned to folding towels.

No let-up, Duke. Full 40 of this shit.

Back