• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Wooden Legacy Tourney - Arizona 9 pm Sunday ESPN (all times Eastern)

Great rotation and defense by Wynn to help a teammate and force a turnover. Then we immediately turn it over from a dumb referee call -- a block AND an offensive foul on the same play. Wtf?

How does a block and charge occur in the same play between the same two players?

That was a dumb end to the half.
Anyways, y’all can rag on me but I continue to root for this team and not against it although I care way less than I used to. I do think this team has talent. They play decent defense for the first time in a long while. The offensive sets generally look better. We just don’t have a ton of shooting talent.

first time I've seen the Deacs play this year; we have a weak team made worse by our players' lack of discipline

I knew that we would not score when Danny called the time out after we forced a double dribble; you just know that Danny won't be able to come up with something that works.

Oguama and Sarr sat out the final 9:32 of the half to to fouls. Deacon offense continued to score for the next two minutes but disappeared the final 7:32 scoring only 3 points. Manning went with one big (Mucius or Massoud) with Brown at PF. He has a difficult time understanding this line up seldom works.

That was a nice move by torry. I don’t fully understand the hate but granted I haven’t watched this team much.

How does a block and charge occur in the same play between the same two players?

That boys & girls is what we call a “blarge”. Back official called them fir a block & center official actually correctly called us for a charge. Thus a double foul—one one each team and the ball goes back to point if interruption, which means where it was, and we had it.

Really no different than if you call a double foul on two guys pushing each other in the post, they won’t quit, so you have to call a foul on each player.

But here you want one on one or the other and if the officials will lay off their preliminary signals, they can come together on a double whistle and just make one foul call

That boys & girls is what we call a “blarge”. Back official called them fir a block & center official actually correctly called us for a charge. Thus a double foul—one one each team and the ball goes back to point if interruption, which means where it was, and we had it.

Really no different than if you call a double foul on two guys pushing each other in the post, they won’t quit, so you have to call a foul on each player.

But here you want one on one or the other and if the officials will lay off their preliminary signals, they can come together on a double whistle and just make one foul call

See bogues v nc state acct 1987 iirc

Deacs looking a little better than I expected but C of C looks like straight trash with some really poor shot selection. They look a bit like a Manning coached team.

Wow, 3 page game thread once clock hit 0:00. Is this the lowest ever??

Last edited:
Solid win. Sarr played good D and rebounded well - it was odd he kept getting subbed out at the end on D.

We shot well in streaks, which was enough to keep just enough of a lead, and our free throw shooting was great at the end.

Well a new winning streak on thanksgiving has started

Back