• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Wooden Legacy Tourney - Arizona 9 pm Sunday ESPN (all times Eastern)

two years ago I mentioned we had a huge percentage of possessions in which the player who dribbled the ball over the halfcourt line took a contested shot that anyone could easily get later in the clock

it's still happening - a lot

that is not a talent issue; it's a coaching, or lack thereof, issue

two years ago I mentioned we had a huge percentage of possessions in which the player who dribbled the ball over the halfcourt line took a contested shot that anyone could easily get later in the clock

Maybe Wake needs to go to the elementary school "rule" that at least three players have to touch the ball each possession before a shot is taken, unless it's a fast break or breakaway situation.

it's what I talked about earlier, lack of discipline, a hallmark of Danny's teams

to make matters worse, Danny's offense is not good enough to create an open shot from a spot where the open player can consistently make it; so, it's pick your poison: wrong shot early, or wrong shot later

Maybe Wake needs to go to the elementary school "rule" that at least three players have to touch the ball each possession before a shot is taken, unless it's a fast break or breakaway situation.

Unfortunately our coaching does not appear to be anywhere on par with elementary principles. More TKish.

I'm not sure what game you were watching. "Coaching" had no effect on all the bricks laid by the players in the second half. When was anybody open where Childress didn't find them? Our guys really don't have the offensive skills to compete at a high level. Save a couple threes by Childress in the second half nobody made much at all except free throws. Blaming Childress for the obvious lack of talent around him is ludicrous. Our guys are smaller or skinnier, or both, compared to teams like Arizona. To be fair, we were simply a weaker team and the coaching and grit of the players kind of kept them in til the end. It wasn't a turnaround game for our program, but it wasn't the Danny haters debacle you're suggesting.

Who was open? Every time Sarr set a pick and rolled, he was open. Brandon never passed the ball to him. Mucius can score if a PG does his job. Chaundee is an excellent slasher (even on 1 1/2 feet). Sarr was scoring in the post. A real PG would have been able to find these guys.

This wasn't a unique game by Brandon. He has been doing it for four years.

Who was open? Every time Sarr set a pick and rolled, he was open. Brandon never passed the ball to him. Mucius can score if a PG does his job. Chaundee is an excellent slasher (even on 1 1/2 feet). Sarr was scoring in the post. A real PG would have been able to find these guys.

This wasn't a unique game by Brandon. He has been doing it for four years.

Your point guard doesnt need to take 18 shots a game, especially when he only makes 4, and that has been going on for 4 years. We know he cant shoot consistently enough to carry the team, lets see who else cant.

The problem with Brandon is he thinks he is better than he actually is. A good game for Brandon would be 10 assists and 10 shots not 15 shots and 5 assists.

I think you are being too harsh toward Brandon. I think that he still sees himself as the guy who must take charge because no one else will. Perhaps he doesn't realize that others would be more aggressive if he helped put them in positions to take good shots...which really is the PG's responsibility. He has been required in the past to be a 1 and a 2 guard and has not learned how to be an efficient 1. This season, especially, there are several possible options and he must learn how to utilize them. Hopefully he realizes that his teammates possess some skills that he doesn't.

I think you are being too harsh toward Brandon. I think that he still sees himself as the guy who must take charge because no one else will. Perhaps he doesn't realize that others would be more aggressive if he helped put them in positions to take good shots...which really is the PG's responsibility. He has been required in the past to be a 1 and a 2 guard and has not learned how to be an efficient 1. This season, especially, there are several possible options and he must learn how to utilize them. Hopefully he realizes that his teammates possess some skills that he doesn't.

You explained why people should be harsh toward a senior PG.

To be fair, he's been coached his entire career by pops. And we don't know that pops can coach at all. For all we know, pops can only coach a player to play the way he played.

With Brandon as PG we are going to live or die with the success of his hero ball (cue Bonnie Taylor singing in the background)...

If it's near a ride, I would be shocked if there isn't video.

There need to be public apologies before they leave Anaheim.

If either player denies participating, they should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Bigotry should be called out publicly. The vast majority of the time, when this stuff is reported privately, especially to an image-conscious institution it just gets buried and nothing happens. Good for her for making it public and opening herself up to criticism.

There need to be public apologies before they leave Anaheim.

If either player denies participating, they should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Still to early to confirm, but this post isn’t aging well.

Back