• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP St. Joe's Preview 11:30 AM (YES AM) Thursday November 15

I think this will be a close loss but we will have to see. I just hope we win a game or 2 while we are down there and that there is growth from this team.

I think this will be a close loss but we will have to see. I just hope we win a game or 2 while we are down there and that there is growth from this team.

This is what we have come to, hoping to win a game or 2 in a second tier tournament. Truly a great era to be a Wake Forest basketball fan.

WGAF about what WF fans expect. Let's win lots of games this year or make changes to make it more likely that WF will win lots of games in the future. Either way, hope WF beats St. Joe's tomorrow morning.

I think they are just too experienced and patient for us to win this one St. Joes 79 Wake 68

St. Joe's -4

I was hoping for a smaller #, but still assume STJ covers.

Wake Forest +3.5 at my book this morning... O/U 150.5.

Prediction:
Wake Forest 77
St. Joe's 74

Unprecedented end-of-game execution leads to a tight Wake Forest victory.

I hope Wake battles, but my gut says ST Joe's is too experienced and will win from tip to buzzer. Charlie Brown is a stud and is going to be tough to contain IMO. If this game goes as I expect, Wake should finish up the tournament 2-1 by beating Cal St Fullerton and likely Valpo.

That Charlie Brown? He's a clown. Just you wait and see.

I'm surprised to read that Martelli is still coaching St. Joe's. For some reason I thought he had retired.

Anyway, let's pay these SOBs back for 2004.

One of my favorite memories of coaching was with Phil Martelli. I believe it was the NABC award ceremony (can't remember the exact organization, but think it was NABC). The school I coached for had won the DII national championship, and my boss had also won coach of the year for DII. I can't remember if it was Martelli that had won coach of the year, or that St. Joe's had won team of the year (this was the Jameer Nelson and Delonte West year) but before Martelli went to the podium they played an extended highlight reel of the season for St. Joes. Unfortunately, the voice of the highlight video apparently thought that St. Joe's stood for St. Johns, because with every accolade announced, it was credited to St. Johns.

St. Johns with a school record 30 wins! St. John's guard due of Jameer and Delonte, etc....

Martelli was so furious when he finally made it to the podium he couldn't contain himself. He called for the guy who put the video together to be fired, and everyone laughed...then he paused and seriously restated...'no, this is not a joke, that guy should be fired'. Random thoughts, but hope we beat the guy today. Great coach, but an inexperienced team like ours. Main contributors are a freshman, sophomore, and two juniors. Would be a massive neutral court victory for Danny's job prospects. He has to be able to win top 100 games on neutral sites in his 5th year.

I really don't like the tight shot highlight videos. Give me a wide angle view of the activity so I can see what is going on.

Back