• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ladies and gentleman...the worst human ever

Yeah, I did not mean that one business is divided into multiple under-15 companies at all. They are completely separate and unrelated, and I agree there would be multiple problems on many levels if one business was artifically divided. However as each has individually organically (I know the millennials jizz on the sight of that word in a business context) grown, I do try to keep each under 15 for regulatory purposes. And, like staying 1 mph below the speed limit or drinking right on the 21st birthday, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Thanks for clarifying. I agree with you.

The US has struck a fairly decent balance between worker protections and employer interests; compared to say France, Italy, and Spain where the regulatory burdens are so impossible once you get beyond about 50 employees that firms in those companies essentially refuse to scale. Certainly there's room for the US to improve on worker protections but it needs to be done in a smart way. The northern European countries have done a much better job of that than the Mediterranean economies.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-many-companies-now-offering-women-permanent,37139/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Pic:1:Default

WASHINGTON—As part of a nationwide effort to accommodate women in the workplace, many U.S. companies are now offering female employees permanent, unpaid maternity leave, according to a Pew Research Center survey released Thursday. “We understand that women face numerous challenges when it comes to balancing work and family life, which is why our company allows every female employee to take an indefinite, fully uncompensated maternity leave,” said David Koerper of EasyPay Payroll Processors, one of thousands of businesses around the nation guaranteeing women the right to leave their job at any point during their pregnancy, stay home with their child for as long as they need to after the baby is born, and then never return. “Women should know that when they decide to have children, we will be proactive about offering them an unlimited number of days at home to care for their kids while earning zero percent of their pay. That is our promise.” In a further accommodation for women, Koerper added that prospective employees who may at some point consider starting families have the option of not applying for a job in the first place.

The DC government is now providing 8 weeks of paid maternity leave to all employees.

Back