• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lance Armstrong won't fight doping charges

This whole issue is an absurd witch hunt. Lance came back from cancer and won the tour de france. Others riders are jealous because they are not as good and may have been caught doping.

But they're going to keep going with Livestrong, which Lance is still on the board of despite resigning as its chairman. Strong position Nike.

But they're going to keep going with Livestrong, which Lance is still on the board of despite resigning as its chairman. Strong position Nike.

Why is that the wrong decision? They no longer want Lance to profit directly from his deception. However, the charity does seemingly good work.

Interesting timing in that this weekend is the big Livestrong anniversary event in Austin.

Levi was fired by Omega on Monday due to his doping admission. IIRC the director of Orca Green Edge the Australian cycling team resigned because of his involvement in this.

I know that the hard core supporters of Lance will never be convinced but now we are seeing cyclists other than Landis and Hamilton pay the price for Lance's 'alleged' doping. Cyclist and management who had a lot to lose by testifying against Lance have come forward.

My understanding is that Lance stepped down as chairman of the board but is still on the board.

Interesting timing in that this weekend is the big Livestrong anniversary event in Austin.

Levi was fired by Omega on Monday due to his doping admission. IIRC the director of Orca Green Edge the Australian cycling team resigned because of his involvement in this.

I know that the hard core supporters of Lance will never be convinced but now we are seeing cyclists other than Landis and Hamilton pay the price for Lance's 'alleged' doping. Cyclist and management who had a lot to lose by testifying against Lance have come forward.

i'm a pretty big lance supporter and am fully convinced... but i also believe that every professional cyclist is involved one way or another. clean professional cycling at that level pretty much does not exist. doesn't make it right... but in context it validates his wins.

That's why they are vacating the titles and not moving anyone up. If you read the article it sounds like the UCI is going to make Lance the poster child for doping scandal era.

Back