• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Landon Collins Picks Alabama

This thing is far from over, that is for sure. All Landon did was turn up the heat for the bidding. I am kind of surprised that Clempson wasn't in his final 3.

If he ends up at Bama, hope he likes pumping gas in Tuscaloosa because he won't find a job washing dishes in NOLA or LA.

He will end up at LSU. Momma will win out. Geauxxx Tigers

I think he has at least 2 more commits left in him. He'll switch to LSU within a month, and then switch to some other school on signing day (USC, Oregon, tOSU, etc) - or maybe even back to Alabama.

This thing is far from over, that is for sure. All Landon did was turn up the heat for the bidding. I am kind of surprised that Clempson wasn't in his final 3.

cupage.jpg

Saban is so dirty.

A little known, nonreported fact to this story:
Collins girlfriend is seated directly behind him at the announcement. Notice she is wearing red and white. Also notice that she is smiling, clapping, and excited after he makes the announcement, unlike the rest of the family. Why?...maybe it's because Alabama gave her a track scholarship a few weeks ago.

Collins is the #1 safety in the country.

Alabama signed the #1 safety in 2011 with Hasean Clinton-Dix from Orlando. They were able to close on him in January 2011. Alabama was playing in the 2011 Capitol One Bowl game in Orlando last year. Guess where they decided to hold their team practices? Dr. Phillips High School. Just so happened that Clinton-Dix attended that high school. And as a special "thank you" for the school hosting them, the university of Alabama was so generous they spent $200,000 upgrading the sports facilities of the school.

Alabama also got a verbal from the #2 ranked safety in this years class, another 5 star from Pensacola named Eddie Williams.

So Collins turned down the hometown team, against the wishes of his family, and went to play for Alabama who is already LOADED at the exact position that he plays.

Well, if he gets drafted by the Panthers, all will be forgotten.

Saban is so dirty.

Collins girlfriend is seated directly behind him at the announcement. Notice she is wearing red and white. Also notice that she is smiling, clapping, and excited after he makes the announcement, unlike the rest of the family. Why?...maybe it's because Alabama gave her a track scholarship a few weeks ago.

Alabama signed the #1 safety in 2011 with Hasean Clinton-Dix from Orlando. They were able to close on him in January 2011. Alabama was playing in the 2011 Capitol One Bowl game in Orlando last year. Guess where they decided to hold their team practices? Dr. Phillips High School. Just so happened that Clinton-Dix attended that high school. And as a special "thank you" for the school hosting them, the university of Alabama was so generous they spent $200,000 upgrading the sports facilities of the school.

Alabama also got a verbal from the #2 ranked safety in this years class, another 5 star from Pensacola named Eddie Williams.

So Collins turned down the hometown team, against the wishes of his family, and went to play for Alabama who is already LOADED at the exact position that he plays.

In all fairness, LSU is loaded at that position as well. I seem to remember Florida doing the same thing with a WR a few years back. They gave his girlfriend a gymnastics scholarship. Honestly, I don't think that is as shady as outright paying players and buying their parents houses.

In all fairness, LSU is loaded at that position as well. I seem to remember Florida doing the same thing with a WR a few years back. They gave his girlfriend a gymnastics scholarship. Honestly, I don't think that is as shady as outright paying players and buying their parents houses.

Oh, but they do that too.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/trent-richardsons-2011-yukon-with-nice-rims----nothing-to-see-here.php

http://sportsbybrooks.com/tag/trent_richardson

Saban is so dirty.

You know everyone in the SEC does this right?

Saban is so dirty.

This her?

https://twitter.com/#!/victoriaguyy/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com/IdwfGkH

I'd go to 'bama too.

You know what I meant bro :umkc:

I do, the SEC is dirty as fuck. NFL-lite I would include the other 10-15, big money BCS programs with the SEC, though.

Think about all the rich parents who force their kids to go to their school regardless of what the kid wants

His Mom looks 17. . .geez. . .

Guarantee you Momma doesn't like him going to Bama to follow that girl. While I suspect that there are other parents that would not be happy about their kid basing a huge decision on a following a girlfriend/boyfriend to a place, it was poor form to evidence her displeasure so obviously.

Back