• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Landon Collins Picks Alabama

I've been following SBB and his Bammer research since last summer. It is sickening how much disregard the Tide have for the rules, and how they get away with it entirely. But thats what happens when you have the commissioner in your back pocket, and your coach is best buds with Mark Emmert, the NCAA Prez.

Saban is so dirty.

A little known, nonreported fact to this story:
Collins girlfriend is seated directly behind him at the announcement. Notice she is wearing red and white. Also notice that she is smiling, clapping, and excited after he makes the announcement, unlike the rest of the family. Why?...maybe it's because Alabama gave her a track scholarship a few weeks ago.

Collins is the #1 safety in the country.

Alabama signed the #1 safety in 2011 with Hasean Clinton-Dix from Orlando. They were able to close on him in January 2011. Alabama was playing in the 2011 Capitol One Bowl game in Orlando last year. Guess where they decided to hold their team practices? Dr. Phillips High School. Just so happened that Clinton-Dix attended that high school. And as a special "thank you" for the school hosting them, the university of Alabama was so generous they spent $200,000 upgrading the sports facilities of the school.

Alabama also got a verbal from the #2 ranked safety in this years class, another 5 star from Pensacola named Eddie Williams.

So Collins turned down the hometown team, against the wishes of his family, and went to play for Alabama who is already LOADED at the exact position that he plays.

The Clinton-Dix situation was a retaliatory move to combat Muschamp and UF, who were coming on strong.

That is just pathetic from Mom. Even if she felt the need to tell him she was disappointed, which strikes me as over the top, you don't do it on national TV.

Personally, I don't think they should even put shit like this on tv to begin with. Never have liked stuff like this. Do agree on mom though, she should have waited until the cameras were turned off before all of that. $EC.

#truenonetheless

Here's my opinion on it: Despite all the reasonably-had suspicion, he was cleared of any wrongdoing in going to Auburn. Even if he did do it (probably), I don't see why that will ruin anything he does in the NFL. I don't like Auburn. They can vacate the title and his heisman, fine with me. But Cam Newton the college player is different than Cam Newton the NFL player because he is allowed to get paid.

That's why I block out the two other years and just remember him at Blinn College. Cam was a JUCO stud!

You only come to this rationale when a player with baggage signs with your team. I went through it recently when Peppers went to the Bears. It's okay. Pretty much everyone has to go through it. The important thing to know is that we're here for you and understand your pain.

I mean what are you gonna do? Hate your NFL's team star QB for the next 15 years?

One big positive of drafting Cam is that his presence has basically ensured that Jimmy Clausen will never play a menaningful down for my Cats. Which is huge, because I hate Jimmy Clausen more than almost anybody else on this planet.

Pretty sure Andre Johnson was one of the central kids paid by Nevin Shapiro in all that Miami stuff.

Don't care though. Still love him. Hope he scores 5 TDs today.

After reading all the posts and then watching the video, I was expecting something worse. It wasn't great but I thought I was going to see her virulently opposed. I'm sure she'll come around...(?)

Funny, one of the ads read "Watch your favourite games here." Someone was directly or indirectly influenced by the Under Armour game.

Back