• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Law School is a sham

Yeah, Caswell County is Averett University territory.

I think the legal ed market is prime for disruption. I'm particularly impressed that they're going to drop prices and reduce the time spent in school, and doubling down on their already strong clinic/practical learning stuff is welcome. Quite a bit of my law school experience was filler classes on subjects that I have not spared one thought on in the 13 years I've been actually practicing law. My old firm has hired two lawyers from the top of the Elon class and they're both excellent.

Just to be snarky though I thought this quote was, well, a tad bit over the top:

mmmkay. widely recognized in Burlington maybe.

I can echo this. Know several good lawyers from Elon.

Do lobbyist typically take the bar?
I have no idea what percentage of registered lobbyists are also admitted to a bar, but I'm guessing it's a good chunk. Many of the big firms in DC have lobbying shops that employ both lawyers and non lawyers.

I've heard a 3.0 GPA and a 158 LSAT would have been auto-acceptance at many many many law schools including top tier this year...

I bet some of my friends and I could have gone to school for a lot cheaper if we applied this year.

Guess I've picked the right year to go to law school!

Don't know about auto-accepts, but with my 171, 3.6 I've gotten into two t-14s and Wake so far

Not bragging at all, just glad to hear that I might have a shot at some better schools than I expected this year. Figured Wake dragging down my GPA compared to other undergrad schools would sink me

Those ar some pretty awesome numbers, mystery. Where else have you applied/been accepted?

I mean you've gotta be a pretty big dumbass to go to a for profit law school

Not bragging at all, just glad to hear that I might have a shot at some better schools than I expected this year. Figured Wake dragging down my GPA compared to other undergrad schools would sink me

You'll do just fine. A 3.6 is not a dragged down GPA.

Back