• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lawyers of OGB - what are my options?

It was a small boutique hotel near my office there, and they didn't seem to care one bit I was threatening to tell all my colleagues never to stay there. Credit card company didn't help, there was a no-refund policy. We can write off the loss anyway, but it was annoying.

Send locals over to use the rooms. They can't deny you access if you paid for them.

If no one can use them, your credit card company should think about it. As Chupe said, escalate it.

How much does your company spend on that credit card annually? You can change brands.

Don't we have any class action lawyers here? How many other guests are receiving letters?

I have some class action experience. I’m sure the payment is being refunded. So what are the damages? Having to find another room 5 months from now? It seems like Marriott was placed in a situation where they would have to cancel a reservation or breach a contract and that’s likely a valid defense. I also bet if you look at the terms and conditions of the reservation there are terms that allow them to cancel for contingencies and probably an arbitration clause.

i'm sure for a $10k retainer drew will be happy to ambulance-chase the shit out of this.

It was a small boutique hotel near my office there, and they didn't seem to care one bit I was threatening to tell all my colleagues never to stay there. Credit card company didn't help, there was a no-refund policy. We can write off the loss anyway, but it was annoying.

BTW, when making reservations, group rates are often higher than regular daily rates as they are "discounted" from rack rates.

Also, if you need more than five rooms, think about using Kayak. They have a program that gets local hotels to bid on your business. Even if your first choice isn't among them, you can use a similar destination to negotiate with the place you want to be. Most hotels aren't sold out and will negotiate for even small groups.

Send locals over to use the rooms. They can't deny you access if you paid for them.

If no one can use them, your credit card company should think about it. As Chupe said, escalate it.

How much does your company spend on that credit card annually? You can change brands.

It's moot now, the reservation was a month ago.

I have long advocated switching from our basic Amex to something that would garner either the business or the cardholder better business and travel rewards. But I'm not in finance, and I don't care thaaaaat much. It's more annoying that Amex isn't accepted everywhere.

Back