• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LD on D-League Dunk Contest

I love LD Williams so much. My girlfriend and I each have a list of people we are allowed to cheat with and he is on both of ours.

LD's alley-oop vs. Georgia Tech = still the greatest dunk I've ever seen.

Yep. Perhaps my personal memory has embellished it, but the youtube video never seems to capture how high Williams got up, and how far away from the basket he started his jump. In real time, it seemed like Williams had grabbed the ball out of the air when the pass was inaccurate by about 5 feet. It also looked like he jumped so high that his head was about even with the rim, and he flushed the ball downward instead of "throwing" it into the rim or anything.

the thing about that dunk against GT was where he caught that ball...his arm was almost fully extended out and BACK...that he was able to catch it with a single hand, control it, and jam it down all in one motion is just sick.

Exactly. The standards for not very good are changing before our eyes.

Back