• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lectro was RIGHT--post1626--(climate related)

Kidding around a bit. It seems that most every time the predictions and models show the worst case scenario and losing some credibility.

not really; the 24 hrs news cycle reports worst case scenarios and conservatives/anti-science people are idiots

Yeah, there are a wide range of RCP scenarios in every IPCC report and most separate reports. You have to account for as many different scenarios as you can, and both extreme ends are susceptible to softening.

Well that's one way to think about it...

Well that's one way to think about it...

wait wut? Lol let's use peoples faith as a way to manipulate them into thinking polluting the environment is good, in order to drive the wealth of a few rich old men. Jeeze, we are actually fucked this time.

every time i see a politician say "God" it makes me throw up now. what a pile of shit...these people don't know anything about God, even if he threw a lightning bolt into their ass.

it is all to manipulate the mentally weak.

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
Matthew 19:21

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
1 Timothy 6:10

You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
Revelation 3:17

Last edited:
It is "extremely likely" that human activities are the "dominant cause" of global warming, according to the most comprehensive study ever of climate science by U.S. government researchers.

The climate report, obtained by NPR, notes that the past 115 years are "the warmest in the history of modern civilization." The global average temperature has increased by about 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit over that period. Greenhouse gases from industry and agriculture are by far the biggest contributor to warming.

The findings contradict statements by President Trump and many of his Cabinet members, who have openly questioned the role humans play in changing the climate.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...hare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

This appears to be a leaked report that has not been through higher level vetting and revision. It has been submitted to the Office of Science and Technology Policy at the White House.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...hare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

This appears to be a leaked report that has not been through higher level vetting and revision. It has been submitted to the Office of Science and Technology Policy at the White House.

It has been through all of its vetting and revision, the OSTP is where it is statutorily mandated for submission is all. The climate science special report will be released at noon today, but I think the NCA4 has quite a bit of work left to be done.

Sorry, 2pm not noon. The NCA is currently in draft form so they'll open it up for public comment.

It has been through all of its vetting and revision, the OSTP is where it is statutorily mandated for submission is all. The climate science special report will be released at noon today, but I think the NCA4 has quite a bit of work left to be done.

Wow, good for the Trump Administration for letting this report off the press then.

Wow, good for the Trump Administration for letting this report off the press then.

Surprising, right? Although "good for them" isn't really due when all they did was what they are statutorily required to do. Not really worthy of praise. But I was sure they'd continue to push it back to the point of suppression.

They'll do the same thing they did with the DOE report that found renewable energy does not pose any credible threat to grid reliability, and in fact improves reliability - they'll ignore it and continue to help their donor buddies in the fossil fuel industry so that they can get their support in future campaigns, whether that's 2020, Pruitt's inevitable governor/senate run, or anyone else.

Surprising, right? Although "good for them" isn't really due when all they did was what they are statutorily required to do. Not really worthy of praise. But I was sure they'd continue to push it back to the point of suppression.

They'll do the same thing they did with the DOE report that found renewable energy does not pose any credible threat to grid reliability, and in fact improves reliability - they'll ignore it and continue to help their donor buddies in the fossil fuel industry so that they can get their support in future campaigns, whether that's 2020, Pruitt's inevitable governor/senate run, or anyone else.

Yeah, the bar is set pretty low when it comes to ethics with this crowd. I am sure you're correct. They'll find some way to discredit the report or just blow it off, full steam a head.

Yeah, the bar is set pretty low when it comes to ethics with this crowd. I am sure you're correct. They'll find some way to discredit the report or just blow it off, full steam a head.

And here's the administration's response. Uhhhhhh....

DNuzWxcUQAAeYui.jpg:large

Back