• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's Grab Brad Underwood, SFA Head Coach

I think the only coach in the NCAA tournament I 100% don't want is Ben Jacobson. Completely on the coach to lose like they did.

But seriously, I'd take him. No question.

GOOD! DUNK by Devin Thomas [PNT] 01:23 63-54 H 9
GOOD! FT SHOT by Devin Thomas 01:23 64-54 H 10 FOUL by Malcolm Brogdon (P1T10)
01:16 64-56 H 8 GOOD! JUMPER by Malcolm Brogdon
01:14 TIMEOUT 30sec
SUB IN : Dinos Mitoglou 01:14 SUB IN : Devon Hall
SUB OUT: Codi Miller-McIntyre 01:14 SUB OUT: Evan Nolte
TURNOVR by Cornelius Hudson 01:13
SUB IN : Codi Miller-McIntyre 01:13
SUB OUT: Dinos Mitoglou 01:13
01:09 64-58 H 6 GOOD! LAYUP by London Perrantes [PNT]
MISSED FT SHOT by Bryant Crawford 01:05 FOUL by Darius Thompson (P1T11)
REBOUND (OFF) by (DEADBALL) 01:05
MISSED FT SHOT by Bryant Crawford 01:05 REBOUND (DEF) by Malcolm Brogdon
00:54 64-61 H 3 GOOD! 3 PTR by Malcolm Brogdon
00:54 ASSIST by London Perrantes
GOOD! FT SHOT by Devin Thomas 00:53 65-61 H 4 FOUL by Anthony Gill (P4T12)
GOOD! FT SHOT by Devin Thomas 00:53 66-61 H 5
SUB IN : Rondale Watson 00:53
SUB OUT: Cornelius Hudson 00:53
00:46 66-63 H 3 GOOD! DUNK by Anthony Gill [PNT]
00:46 ASSIST by London Perrantes
GOOD! FT SHOT by Bryant Crawford 00:45 67-63 H 4 FOUL by Darius Thompson (P2T13)
GOOD! FT SHOT by Bryant Crawford 00:45 68-63 H 5
SUB IN : Dinos Mitoglou 00:45
SUB OUT: Rondale Watson 00:45
00:40 TURNOVR by London Perrantes
STEAL by Dinos Mitoglou 00:39
MISSED FT SHOT by Dinos Mitoglou 00:39 FOUL by Anthony Gill (P5T14)
REBOUND (OFF) by (DEADBALL) 00:39
GOOD! FT SHOT by Dinos Mitoglou 00:39 69-63 H 6
00:39 SUB IN : Marial Shayok
00:39 SUB IN : Evan Nolte
00:39 SUB OUT: Anthony Gill
REBOUND (DEF) by Dinos Mitoglou 00:30 MISSED LAYUP by London Perrantes
GOOD! FT SHOT by Dinos Mitoglou 00:28 70-63 H 7 FOUL by Marial Shayok (P3T15)
MISSED FT SHOT by Dinos Mitoglou 00:28 REBOUND (DEF) by Malcolm Brogdon
00:22 TURNOVR by Malcolm Brogdon
STEAL by Bryant Crawford 00:21
TURNOVR by Bryant Crawford 00:19
00:18 STEAL by London Perrantes
00:14 70-66 H 4 GOOD! 3 PTR by Marial Shayok
00:14 ASSIST by London Perrantes
MISSED FT SHOT by Devin Thomas 00:11 FOUL by Malcolm Brogdon (P2T16)
REBOUND (OFF) by (DEADBALL) 00:11
MISSED FT SHOT by Devin Thomas 00:11 REBOUND (DEF) by Devon Hall
00:06 70-69 H 1 GOOD! 3 PTR by Malcolm Brogdon
00:06 ASSIST by Marial Shayok
MISSED FT SHOT by Bryant Crawford 00:04 FOUL by Marial Shayok (P4T17)
REBOUND (OFF) by (DEADBALL) 00:04
GOOD! FT SHOT by Bryant Crawford 00:04 71-69 H 2
SUB IN : Rondale Watson 00:04
SUB OUT: Dinos Mitoglou 00:04
00:01 71-72 V 1 GOOD! 3 PTR by Darius Thompson
00:01 ASSIST by Devon Hall

Travis Ford is competent by the way. Not the best. But wouldn't be horrible if he takes a season off and we want to go with the experienced route after Manning.

I figured that would be the reaction but he's fine. Most people think he sucks tho

We have a good coach. We just have to give him time to get great players and replace the loser attitudes that permeate the team he took over.

How much time Bones...DM's class coming in ranked 9th in the conference

We have a good coach. We just have to give him time to get great players and replace the loser attitudes that permeate the team he took over.

While the latter may be true, Manning has had plenty of time to "get great players." Hell, it seems like we'll get at least one great player out of his 2015 class.

2016 is another story. Going all in on Harry Giles was a decision that the staff made instead of other options. They knew that landing a mediocre class was a risk and went for it anyway. That's fine, but don't make excuses about needing more time, especially after the 2015 class.

Manning has had plenty of time to recruit at an ACC level. Other high major coaches hired at the same time and since haven't had this issue (nor have they employed the "need more time" argument because most ADs and fanbases wouldn't tolerate it); why is it an acceptable excuse in our situation?

If the 2016 class is as average in person as they are on paper, then we need to hire some new assistants. End of story.

While the latter may be true, Manning has had plenty of time to "get great players." Hell, it seems like we'll get at least one great player out of his 2015 class.

2016 is another story. Going all in on Harry Giles was a decision that the staff made instead of other options. They knew that landing a mediocre class was a risk and went for it anyway. That's fine, but don't make excuses about needing more time, especially after the 2015 class.

Manning has had plenty of time to recruit at an ACC level. Other high major coaches hired at the same time and since haven't had this issue (nor have they employed the "need more time" argument because most ADs and fanbases wouldn't tolerate it); why is it an acceptable excuse in our situation?

If the 2016 class is as average in person as they are on paper, then we need to hire some new assistants. End of story.

This coaching staff had absolutely no chance of getting Harry Giles as he was always going to Duke. He wasn't going to Kentucky as that was too far away for his family to travel to see him play all of his home games. Duke is now used to the one and dones and Coach K had built a great legacy of championships and I believe our coaching staff knew this all along and really did not waste much time on Giles. Harry just kept us in the top 5 top 3 or whatever so it would help out our program in the long run and his longstanding friendship with Brandon and the Childress family. We are now rid of the losing remnants of the Jeff [Redacted] era and can start with our own brand of learning how to win. Having a loser like Devin Thomas with his attitude was never going to help us in the long run and even though his statistics might have looked good his chest pounding took a toll as did his want to not change his free throw technique during his four year nor ever learning to use his right hand. Danny Manning is now free of all the [Redacted] crap and the team can move on.

This coaching staff had absolutely no chance of getting Harry Giles as he was always going to Duke.

This may be my least favorite type of post - the hindsight "I told you so" with absolutely no personal knowledge to back it up and, actually, in direct contrast to reports from people much closer to the situation.

This coaching staff had absolutely no chance of getting Harry Giles as he was always going to Duke. He wasn't going to Kentucky as that was too far away for his family to travel to see him play all of his home games. Duke is now used to the one and dones and Coach K had built a great legacy of championships and I believe our coaching staff knew this all along and really did not waste much time on Giles. Harry just kept us in the top 5 top 3 or whatever so it would help out our program in the long run and his longstanding friendship with Brandon and the Childress family. We are now rid of the losing remnants of the Jeff [Redacted] era and can start with our own brand of learning how to win. Having a loser like Devin Thomas with his attitude was never going to help us in the long run and even though his statistics might have looked good his chest pounding took a toll as did his want to not change his free throw technique during his four year nor ever learning to use his right hand. Danny Manning is now free of all the [Redacted] crap and the team can move on.

This may be my least favorite type of post - the hindsight "I told you so" with absolutely no personal knowledge to back it up and, actually, in direct contrast to reports from people much closer to the situation.

lol

If the staff knew that they had no chance of getting Harry Giles and still went all in on Harry Giles (leaving us with a mediocre class - a [Redacted]-style class - made up of four three-star players), then we should fire everybody now and move on

I figured that would be the reaction but he's fine. Most people think he sucks tho

I mean, I'm willing to listen to an argument otherwise, but most people think he sucks because it always seemed like he was doing very little with good talent. Lately the recruiting has dropped off, and unsurprisingly the team has headed downhill.

Lol. Thanks for this worthless piece of garbage

I always thought Bones McKinney was a parody.

Back