• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Light Beer Blind Taste Test

The answer is really none of those above. But of the cheap macrobrews, Natty Light and PBR are probably the 2 best.

PBR is gross. Bottom of blind taste test, w Miller lite but I think the Miller we had was skunked

I would love to do this, actually. I've always thought Coors Light was the best of all the shitty American lights, but who knows if that's actually true.

I guess I just need to wander around a tailgate in the next few weeks and do it on my own.

Coors Light definitely the best shitty beer

I rank the ones in the video:

Natty Light
Bud Light
Miller Lite
Sumo sweat
Coors Light

I don't know if I could distinguish natty from bud light but bud light is more watery, Miller lite is more carbonated, and Coors light has a metallic tinge to it. There use to be the Miller Lite challenge where Miller Lite sluts would give you a free beer and swag if you picked the Miller lite beer as your favorite based off three categories. The challenge was between Miller lite and bud light, Coors wasn't include probably because it's such shit. Anyways the challenge was very easy to distinguish the two.

monkey-peeing-in-his-own-mouth-o-gif.3685

So they had everything in a can except Miller Lite in that video. I wonder if that's how they poured them too because that makes a huge difference. The days of canned beer ended for me at some point after I graduated from college.

None of them are great, obviously, but I have a regional bias. When it's 110 degrees every day in the summer and you're sitting in the pool, you learn the benefits of a watery beer. That is why I drink Coors Light to this day. Bud Light would be a second preference. Miller Lite is just too pissy to me. It has a bite that I don't like in light beers. I don't drink Natty Light unless I'm in college, which I haven't been in 22+ years, or there is a really bitching deal at the bar I'm in, which there never has been (PBR, however, is another story).

So they had everything in a can except Miller Lite in that video. I wonder if that's how they poured them too because that makes a huge difference. The days of canned beer ended for me at some point after I graduated from college.

None of them are great, obviously, but I have a regional bias. When it's 110 degrees every day in the summer and you're sitting in the pool, you learn the benefits of a watery beer. That is why I drink Coors Light to this day. Bud Light would be a second preference. Miller Lite is just too pissy to me. It has a bite that I don't like in light beers. I don't drink Natty Light unless I'm in college, which I haven't been in 22+ years, or there is a really bitching deal at the bar I'm in, which there never has been (PBR, however, is another story).

imo Yuengling Light is the best domestic mass produced 'watery beer' out there. I switched a few years ago and haven't looked back.

If I find myself anywhere near Baltimore and in need of piss-water beer, I usually default to Natty Boh.

If I find myself anywhere near Baltimore and in need of piss-water beer, I usually default to Natty Boh.
Starting to become a big Natty Boh fan! 4.3%, 135 cal. Actually tastes pretty good for the old schools.

Guinness is close to the light beers too...4.2%, 125 cal. I think Bud Light is 4.2%, 110 cal.

Confession: I like Bud Light Lime

Old Style is usually my shitty beer of choice

Back