• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Light Blue Assholes vs. Dark Blue Assholes

Apparently the UNC players had no idea of time/score. After that block by Davis, they basically just stood there in awed silence. Easily could've fouled him.

After watching that game I don't how anyone could argue that Roy is an over-hyped youth league coach. Again, he wins a ton of games because he has always (even in Kansas) had more talent than the teams he plays. That last play was a prime example. Why did he not call time out? Because he has nothing other than push the ball up the court and take the first shot. There is no good reason why a team with 5+ NBA first rounders should have 2 losses before the first week of December. They might very well still win the National Title (if I had to bet I would put my money on them) but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Roy...they will do it in spite of him not because of him.

One of the big myths on this board is that transition offense isn't coached. I am not sure how you could think that after last year, but lots of posters still do.

How about the play he runs every time down the floor under 5-minutes called: See Harrison Score?

One of the big myths on this board is that transition offense isn't coached. I am not sure how you could think that after last year, but lots of posters still do.

One of the easiest moves in coaching is to teach a bunch of wickedly athletic wickedly talented basketball players transition offense. It damn near comes as second nature.

Play slow= hey what a great game coach
Play fast= hey what a crappy game coach. Just wins on talent alone

Not sure that's what's at stake here...

Even the commentators knew what Roy was running down the stretch yesterday afternoon. It's simply that, with that many personnel, you don't have to ISO your best perimeter scorer every time down the floor. Especially when you've got Strickland surrounded by a bunch of 6'8 jumpshooters and a pair of huge face-up big men. I guess he can technically do whatever the hell he wants, but I see it as lazy coaching. Evidently, Cal did, too, because they were ready for UNC's end-game and then some.

I approve this thread's title.

Not necessarily,

Coach K plays just as fast (almost) as UNC-ch and he is the best coach in the history of NCAA basketball IMO.

After watching that game I don't how anyone could argue that Roy is an over-hyped youth league coach. Again, he wins a ton of games because he has always (even in Kansas) had more talent than the teams he plays. That last play was a prime example. Why did he not call time out? Because he has nothing other than push the ball up the court and take the first shot. There is no good reason why a team with 5+ NBA first rounders should have 2 losses before the first week of December. They might very well still win the National Title (if I had to bet I would put my money on them) but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Roy...they will do it in spite of him not because of him.

I dont have a problem with him not calling a timeout. the play was already called. the problem is that it went to zeller who was blowing dick instead of barnes who is proven clutch.

the losses dont bother me either. of course i'm not thrilled with them, but no shame in losing @Kentucky and the UNLV loss was a few games in the making.

Back