• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lil Donny Jr. -- Noted Crossfit Douche DG3 Might Get a Kick Out Of This One

Shooshmoo

Reaction score
http://deadspin.com/according-to-donald-trump-jr-donald-trump-jr-is-a-wo-1795729389

"Trump Jr.’s BTW profile shows that he did the Murph in 66 minutes in May 2012, and then shaved a whole half an hour off by June 2012. A fair-minded observer might consider this degree of improvement in one month suspicious. I spoke with a handful of CrossFit enthusiasts, all of whom said that a typical time is much higher. House workout enthusiast Hamilton Nolan said it was unlikely that anyone could shave half an hour off of their time in a month, and that a more human time would be between 55 and 75 minutes. Ex-USF football player and current CrossFit coach Nick Schuyler told Deadspin that a 31:56 Murph was an “unbelievable time” and that he wasn’t sure if it was possible.

Deadspin asked Andrew Moose, a former CrossFit coach and current owner of Ethos Strength and Conditioning in Sacramento, about Trump Jr.’s PR. He noted that Trump Jr.‘s reported Memorial Day time was faster than the winning time in the Murph event at the 2015 CrossFit Games

2015 CrossFit Games men’s division first place time: 38:56. Nothing else needs to be said really. He is completely full of shit."

I heard Paul Ryan ran a marathon in under 2 hours!

100 pull-ups is insane. Lt Murphy was one bad melon-farmer.

Could the donald himself complete Murph in 24 hours?

Could the donald himself complete Murph in 24 hours?

Not a chance. Would never get the pullups. Like as in neeeevvveeerrr. I doubt he could do 1 pullup to be honest, regardless of the time limit.

Not a chance. Would never get the pullups. Like as in neeeevvveeerrr. I doubt he could do 1 pullup to be honest, regardless of the time limit.

What percentage of the OGB could do one set of 10 pull-ups?

A much lower percentage than would report they could. 10 pullups requires a pretty decent level of fitness.

I have never actually tried the Murph. The pullups would be a killer, but I think I could make it .... would take forever though to get the proper rest to finish the pullups. Pushups would be fine, I have a feeling the squats would get pretty rough by the end, and the first run would be easy, last run would probably be pretty slow.

I could do everything else in a reasonable period of time. I could not do more than 2 pullups in a row.

Did the modified version this a.m. using the "Australian Pull-up" = hang from underneath hand rail, dig your heels into ground with body as straight as possible and literally pull your chest up towards the bar).

Ran the mile.
Powerset #1:
20 Australian pull-ups
40 Push-ups
60 Squats.

Repeat Power Set four times.

Run mile again.

By the time of the third power set, I had to break the push-ups into minisets of five. Form probably had the aesthetic appeal of Charles Barkley's short game.

There is far too much workout fraud going on. I think every person who works out should be required by law to have a Fitbit. If you don't have a Fitbit, you can't work out. Simple as that. Everyone in the country has the time and means to go out and get a Fitbit.

I have never actually tried the Murph. The pullups would be a killer, but I think I could make it .... would take forever though to get the proper rest to finish the pullups. Pushups would be fine, I have a feeling the squats would get pretty rough by the end, and the first run would be easy, last run would probably be pretty slow.

Try the modified version. It's my favorite workout, especially when I only have (...checks the OP...) 32 minutes to break a sweat.

cc: Demonwolverine

Pull ups are impossibly hard if you don't do them, but very easy if you train for them. Even when I could bench 300+, I couldn't do 10 pull ups, not even 2. Once I started, my count was going up about 1 per week. I found the best way to get better is to cross your legs behind you, and have a spotter lift you until you're practically dead weight.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Pull ups are impossibly hard if you don't do them, but very easy if you train for them. Even when I could bench 300+, I couldn't do 10 pull ups, not even 2. Once I started, my count was going up about 1 per week. I found the best way to get better is to cross your legs behind you, and have a spotter lift you until you're practically dead weight.

Some would say I'm capable of that on terra firma.

When I wrestled we did a lot of pull up pyramids. 1 5 10 15 10 5 1. Overhand, underhand, alternating grip, reverse alternating grip.

I don't think I could crack 5 overhand at this point.

Back