• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lions Re-Sign Alphonso

Thanks for not changing the title to Alphonso resigns.

Good news for Phonz financially, I'm sure. Only good news for his fans if he plays considerably better! Hopefully he will.

Good for Alphonso, what a great representative of Wake Forest.

Speaking of representing Wake Forest, or lack of, did anybody else see Arron "Benedict" Curry on ESPN's Outside the Lines this past weekend talking about fan violence and he doesn't let any of his family members attend away games because of fear for their safety? I think is was the most face time he's had since the draft.

There was a C. Vaughn playing DB or safety for the Colts last week. Was that Chip? the Colts were the last team he had played before ...

The 2006/2007 defense has kind of been a disappointment in the pros. I really thought Curry and Smith were going to be huge difference makers in the NFL. Hopefully they end up turning it around, I loved watching those guys when I was in high school.

smith.jpg

There was a C. Vaughn playing DB or safety for the Colts last week. Was that Chip? the Colts were the last team he had played before ...

No.

This makes my decision to pick up the Detroit Lion's Defense even better. Hope he is productive on the field.

Amazing that a guy with 8 picks in two years wouldn't have gotten picked up by somebody.

The 2006/2007 defense has kind of been a disappointment in the pros. I really thought Curry and Smith were going to be huge difference makers in the NFL. Hopefully they end up turning it around, I loved watching those guys when I was in high school.

Hard to believe Curry was taken before both Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing. His career has been a huge disappointment.

Hard to believe Curry was taken before both Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing. His career has been a huge disappointment.

It really is mind blowing. I mean Curry absolutely blew them away at the combine. I thought for sure he would be the best player out of that draft class. I still contribute it mostly to coaching/scheme, no way Curry should be struggling the way he has with his physical ability.

It really is mind blowing. I mean Curry absolutely blew them away at the combine. I thought for sure he would be the best player out of that draft class. I still contribute it mostly to coaching/scheme, no way Curry should be struggling the way he has with his physical ability.

In the NFL or at Wake?

In the NFL or at Wake?

NFL. Consensus i've read on here and elsewhere is that Curry has struggled in the pros with pass coverage, so why not just make him a rusher of the edge or something with only one responsibility. He always has seemed unsure of his decisions in the NFL and that's got to be having to much on his plate mentally that he can't just play football. Make the reads/decisions easier for him and let his physical ability take over.

Good news. Lots of injuries in the Lions secondary. He should see some good PT. Big game against Chicago thus weekend.

Lolz at the tags. Had to go back and see whose Cheerios I pissed in. Big surprise. Panthers or Packer fans. Clockwork.

And Townie's right. Detroit has given the Bears fits (yes, it WAS a Megatron TD). It'll be interesting to see how he does on MNF.

Curry struggling in NFL = karma for not respecting your alma mater ?

It's been alleged Curry didn't bother to learn his own playbook in Seattle.

It's been alleged Curry didn't bother to learn his own playbook in Seattle.

Apparently that reigns true for Oakland. Yes he was/is a starter there but thats pure athleticism but nothing about him sticks out in Oakland, still

Back