• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

List of Pretentious Shit

Americans who use “cheers” in any other context besides clinking glasses.

I sign some work emails "Cheers", especially when it's a 78 email thread and I've already used Regards, Best, and Thanks 19 times each.

anyone that says "rock and roll" when talking about starting something. i want to bash them in the head with a guitar!

holier than thou assberries describing conflation that can also be concurrent ideology.

rock and roll!

Private Schools
Boutiques
Having more than 1 pair of expensive($100+) sunglasses
Calling someone a rube for having different political views
Calling Soccer "Futbol" "football" or "footie" if you live in the US
Ordering a soft drink with a lime
Stevia instead of sugar

God I could go on

thinking the bold is true is the opposite of pretentious. it's pathetic.

This is pretty damn pretentious. Some people don't live in an area conducive to outdoor riding, nor do they have the means to commute to a more bike-friendly area.

Also pretentious: the fucking War & Peace novel I have to scroll through just to get to a recipe that I Googled. Fuck you Carol, just give me the steps to make the sauce. I don't need to hear about your goddamn trip to Tuscany.

driving a car in traffic to sit inside and cycle.

driving a car in traffic to sit inside and cycle.

Kind of like paying over $100 and driving in a car with a 26.2 sticker to run a marathon.

except riding a bike is a viable transportation solution

Both posts are about exercise not transportation.

Back