• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Listed Attendance for Furman- 6,782

Doofus is probably a little high, but I would agree it was over 5,000. Absolutely a late-arriving crowd, which we've really always had for 7:00 weeknight games.

Definitely saw mydeaconmyhand and heard them yelling about pizza. Were you guys sitting next to doofus by the end of the second half?

I think some of the crowd booed when we didn't take a shot when we were at 79 points with the shotclock turned off. Thought that was pretty weak, given the effort of the team during the game.

Doofus is probably a little high, but I would agree it was over 5,000. Absolutely a late-arriving crowd, which we've really always had for 7:00 weeknight games.

Definitely saw mydeaconmyhand and heard them yelling about pizza. Were you guys sitting next to doofus by the end of the second half?

I think some of the crowd booed when we didn't take a shot when we were at 79 points with the shotclock turned off. Thought that was pretty weak, given the effort of the team during the game.

I was there last night and I estimated the place was about a third full, so I think somewhere around the 5000 mark is pretty accurate. Actually it was a better crowd than I was expecting.

Armature copycat.

9aEMj.jpg

The guy on the left in the red shirt just says it all.

No one official ever said anything to us, even when we were yelling at Bzz. He looked right at us when I yelled "We want pizza!" when we got to 79 points.

Could you tell if he saw and understood your shirts? If he did, I'm betting there is a discussion going on similar to the one about the coach's show.

Would have been a nice gesture to let the team try to get to 80 for the free pizza. Probably won't have a shot at that again.

Fans shouldn't have booed though.

Last edited:
Would have been a nice gesture to let the team try to get to 80 for the free pizza. Probably won't have a shot at that again.

Yeah, Bzzzz missed an opportunity there, nothing wins back fans better than discounted pizza.:thumbsup:

Isn't "attendance" tickets sold - not just the number of people that show up? If the Heat sell every single ticket to a game, but someone ends up not going to the game, then the game is still a "sell out".

Isn't "attendance" tickets sold - not just the number of people that show up? If the Heat sell every single ticket to a game, but someone ends up not going to the game, then the game is still a "sell out".
A sell out should be different than attendance. If not, then why wouldn't the attendance numbers be the exact same every game for all the teams that have sold out their season?

A sell out should be different than attendance. If not, then why wouldn't the attendance numbers be the exact same every game for all the teams that have sold out their season?

I think that is the case. I just looked up NBA attendance and used the Thunder as an example. For every single home game this year they have listed 18,203 as the attendance. You can't tell me that every single person shows up for every single game. That there isn't a doctor that gets an emergency call 10 minutes before he is planning on leaving for the game. That someone's car doesn't start on them. That someone doesn't have a wreck on the way to the game.

From a quick google search:

"The Cavaliers home attendance is still near the top of the NBA, mostly due to the fact that figures are done by tickets sold, not actual bodies in the seats."

Like when they announced the attendance at the last football game at 28,000+. There may have been 5,000, and that's being generous.

However many people were there the place sounded like a tomb on tv. I have heard high school crowds that were louder. This is a death watch.

This year on average i have scanned in 2-3 tickets for myself to every football game and basketball game. I know of many others that do the same. I'm not the only one so that needs to be taken into consideration when looking at attendance.

This year on average i have scanned in 2-3 tickets for myself to every football game and basketball game. I know of many others that do the same. I'm not the only one so that needs to be taken into consideration when looking at attendance.

I'm curious why you scan multiple tickets? To boost attendance figures?

We need to play in the Joel Annex or in Reynolds Gym and declare it a sellout. We can't fill the old WS Coliseum which Joel replaced. Joel was built for the Odom, Prosser and Gaudio years--3 coaches who averaged 20 wins or more a season over his career over a span of 20 years.

Back in those days the PA announcer sometimes would ask those sitting in the upper stands to come down and fill in the seats in the lower arena (during the already-alluded-to-sparsely-attended NOV and DEC non-conference games). I suppose this was largely for cosmetic purposes, in other words, to make attendance look good on television. To my recollection, however, cue cards were not used. If you want to see a basketball crowd being cued, I refer you to the Cameron Crazies operation.

Back