• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LJVM Survey

We'll lose all the Baptists who only drink when no one can see. Seriously, though- you already know the Biblicans will be thumping away if they even consider selling a drop, ESPECIALLY on Sunday. :rolleyes:

God I forgot about how stringent North Carolina is about this shit. Huge perk to being away from the south.

i answered straight up but did put under "other amenities" "A winning team is the most important amenity. Without it not many people are going to come enjoy the other amenities."

I figure the Wellman spin machine has a search function that will cleanse the survey from any response that includes the words "bzdelick" or "socks" or "dumpster fire".

i answered straight up but did put under "other amenities" "A winning team is the most important amenity. Without it not many people are going to come enjoy the other amenities."

I figure the Wellman spin machine has a search function that will cleanse the survey from any response that includes the words "bzdelick" or "socks" or "dumpster fire".

Also: "culture" "watch" "bus" "heavens yes" "ties" I know you can think of more.

God I forgot about how stringent North Carolina is about this shit. Huge perk to being away from the south.

It's really not. Besides an old blue law about selling alcohol before 12 on Sunday, there's no stigma attached to alcohol in NC. The winery and craft beer industries are booming and growing like crazy.

It's really not. Besides an old blue law about selling alcohol before 12 on Sunday, there's no stigma attached to alcohol in NC. The winery and craft beer industries are booming and growing like crazy.

Relative to other parts of the country. There is still a stigma.

Relative to other parts of the country. There is still a stigma.

Eh, sort of. I've traveled a lot and drank a lot. Maybe in small town rural NC, but you see similar in small town, rural non-South. It's not the place 94Deac seems to imply.

Especially when you compare it to surrounding states. Virginia state law, says no alcoholic beverages to be sold after midnight, and Tennessee sells no beer over 6% alcohol content.

Not selling beer used to be an ACC rule but I don't think it exists anymore. And its complete bullshit since you can get beers in the Hoops Room before the game and halftime. Of course that's how Ron and his financiers probably want it.

FSU has always served beer, wine and liquor at basketball games - so it wasn't an ACC rule. I believe it was left up to the individual schools, but for actual ACC events (like the football championship game and ACC tournament), the official ACC policy was (and is) no booze. There may have been some exception for club level seats or suites though.

Especially when you compare it to surrounding states. Virginia state law, says no alcoholic beverages to be sold after midnight, and Tennessee sells no beer over 6% alcohol content.

Biggest problem with NC is the state controlled ABC stores. Slogan: "we may not have much variety, but at least our prices are high!"

Biggest problem with NC is the state controlled ABC stores. Slogan: "we may not have much variety, but at least our prices are high!"

Big government controlling what goes to your liver.

Back