• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

I feel like Philly fans just have to shift their expectations of him from ace to a still very solid vet #3, one of the best #3 guys in the league for that matter. He's 36 and has a shit ton of innings on his arm, so it makes sense the velocity is steadily dropping, it happens.

For those that are interested in this thing for whatever reason:

As we all know, usually the Super Bowl winner hosts the Thursday night game to start the NFL season. However, the Orioles have a home game scheduled against the White Sox that evening to start off a four-game series. Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium share parking lots, staff, etc. The Orioles are @ Cleveland Wednesday night while the White Sox are @ NYY Wednesday night and a day game on Thursday would go against MLBPA stuff. So basically the NFL and MLB are currently at a statemate about the issue.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-nfl-season-opener-in-limbo-as-baltimore-ravens-and-orioles-cant-agree-20130318,0,5185525.story

Here's an editoral on a radio station's website that's historically much more pro-Ravens and anti-Angelos: http://wnst.net/top-story/crabs-n-beer/the-nfls-scheduling-problem-isnt-the-orioles-scheduling-problem/

Couldn't they do a double header on Saturday or something? I'm sure it's a pain, but the extra day off in the middle of a long stretch might be enough to get the players on board. And a Saturday day game should bring more people out than a Thursday day game.

Couldn't they do a double header on Saturday or something? I'm sure it's a pain, but the extra day off in the middle of a long stretch might be enough to get the players on board. And a Saturday day game should bring more people out than a Thursday day game.

there'd basically be no room for error for rainouts and both the White Sox and Orioles would need to count on a couple starters only having three days rest or counting on a junk starter in September.

I feel like Philly fans just have to shift their expectations of him from ace to a still very solid vet #3, one of the best #3 guys in the league for that matter. He's 36 and has a shit ton of innings on his arm, so it makes sense the velocity is steadily dropping, it happens.

If his movement is still there, he'll be ok. Last year his movement was zip.

This could be Roy's last year as a Phillie. His contract needs him to pitch 225 innings(since he only had 156 !P in 2012 the 415 IP for 12/13 is moot) this year to be enforced.

This could give the team a lot of money to spend in the off season.

They also get another $15M from Utley leaving.

The question becomes will Ruben blow up the team at the trading deadline to get some prospects. If Halladay somehow does well, they could get some prospects for him.

i'll take "things said about tim lincecum" for $1,000, alex.

so i have a quandry. my big money fantasy league had their auction last night. i tried to get cute and bit up jackie bradley jr. when rj=mj nominated him and got stuck with him. i can move him down to my minor league roster, but it's full. so i have the following 7 players for 6 spots:

Anthony Rendon
Danny Hultzon
Nick Castellanos
Gary Sanchez
Jake Odorizzi
Kolten Wong
Jackie Bradley Jr.

pitching is scarce in this league, and i think this will be a playoff year for me, so i think hultzen and odorizzzi are sure things to keep. rendon and castellanos are close to the bigs studs at a position of need for me (3rd base), so i hesitate to lose them. so it comes down to wong, sanchez, and bradley. sanchez is probs the best prospect, but i have posey and he's the furthest away. a lot of bradley's value in my eyes is that he plays a plus cf, but he won't get credit for playing cf (only OF is a position) or his defense. neither are big power threats, but bradley might steal some bags. i think i'm just going to toss bradley back after the minor league draft, so no one else can take him in it. thoughts?

Does it matter to you that Casty is probably never going to suit up at 3B for the Tigs? They're grooming him for the OF.

not really. i think he will play for 3b, but his stick in the of is still better than bradley's.

I pretty much see Prince and Miggy at the corners for the next 5 years, but if Casty can get 3B eligibility for you, by all means. OF just seems like a place where you could get a billion other dudes. I'm definitely sold on Casty though, and wouldn't dump him.

miggy at 3b for the next 5 years is a terrifying thought.

completely agree, but he's not going to the DH any time soon, and I'm guessing Det would sell the whole team before they got rid of him or JV

Is Rendon expected to see major league time this year? Is Ryan Zimmerman injured already?

Is Rendon expected to see major league time this year? Is Ryan Zimmerman injured already?

Depends on Zimm's health and Rendon's ability to pick up SS/2B skills. I don't think they want him at 2B, but Espinosa is the one who, when the infield is healthy, has the least amount of job security.

I'm doing an MLB 13 run pool/bingo pool this year. 30 players, every person gets a randomly assigned team each month, and if your team scores exactly 13 runs you win the pot for the day, progressive since the last winner. Then we each get a separate team for the entire season and first team to score exactly 0-13 runs in a game wins the bingo pool.

Bryce Harper ‏@Bharper3407
Spending my off day taking season ticket orders! Call 202-675-NATS! Ask for Bryce!

BFvVKQ4CcAIJ_LP.jpg

lol

PHAN you see a way that Leslie Anderson makes the opening day roster? Maybe if Fuld continues to be hamstrung like a bitch?

Back