• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

agreed. absolutely no pitching. he took all 3 of spots before his first sp. his number 1 starter is JOHNNY CUETO. ugh.

Meh, I've made a killing off of drafts like that. Load up on hitting, don't take your first pitcher until round 8 or 9. Once you have an untouchable hitting lineup, you can stream pitchers to win the Wins & Ks categories, while sacrificing ERA and Whip. You can end up making pitching a wash, while destroying your opponent in hitting......that worked like magic until the commish instituted a season long transaction limit.

Avalon, or anyone else....

Posted this in another thread, but more people view this one. How much do you think that horrific defensive IF is going to effect Phillies pitchers? Aren't Lee and Hamels pretty dependent on ground ball outs?

Granted, the Tigers top two are strikeout guys, and the Tigs offense is much more potent, but our defense was far worse last year and it didn't make that much difference. I think run support will be the issue once again.

Granted, the Tigers top two are strikeout guys, and the Tigs offense is much more potent, but our defense was far worse last year and it didn't make that much difference. I think run support will be the issue once again.

I mean, the Tigers only won 88 games when their O/U was 92.5. Was the infield defense an issue in them undershooting expectations a little bit?

Posted this in another thread, but more people view this one. How much do you think that horrific defensive IF is going to effect Phillies pitchers? Aren't Lee and Hamels pretty dependent on ground ball outs?

Hamels and Lee were in the Top 5 in Ks. each averaged one/IP. It may be more of a problem for others.

I'm sure it will have an impact, and I think that gets overlooked some when people make the argument that the Phillies will still be competitive due to their pitching. Lee and Hamels like to say that they try to induce outs because they want to stay in games longer, but neither have particularly high ground ball numbers. The bigger problem will likely be with Lannan... but if you're asking for fantasy reasons, that's probably not relevant.

The defense is still pretty good up the middle. It's the corners where it is horrid (both infield and outfield). The other thing to keep an eye on is the utility infielder, given the age and injury history of the infield, and the need to give Utley days off. Galvis is great defensively, but if they decide to give him more time in AAA and keep Bentancourt instead, the middle of the infield becomes more of a concern.

So, long-winded way of saying that I think that the defense will have an effect, but not a huge one for those two guys. It's not like their defense was all that stellar last year.

Last edited:
I mean, the Tigers only won 88 games when their O/U was 92.5. Was the infield defense an issue in them undershooting expectations a little bit?

Certainly a factor. We were also garbage with RISP, and had a couple players leading the league in GIDP offensively. Turning easy double plays was also not a strong suit. The team pretty damn well underperformed in all aspects aside from Verlander and Cabrera. Austin Jackson and Andy Dirks were nice surprises too. Otherwise, all kinda meh. Scherzer had a billion strikeouts, but also gave up a lot of hits and runs. Fister was inconsistent, though his stuff is so sick. Porcello/Smyly/everyone else bleh. The pen was actually probably the single biggest factor for blowing games. We lost so many leads in the 7th-9th.

JIM BOWDEN @JimBowdenESPNxm
According to Tigers source the Padres have turned down Porcello for Street and Porcello for Gregorson but talks continue

The Padres turned that down? Does that seem crazy to anyone else?

Seems wacky to me. I'd make that deal in a heartbeat.

The Padres turned that down? Does that seem crazy to anyone else?

I'd have done the deal, but if I'm Padres I can get flyball pitchers cheap. They should target high k, high flyball guys that other teams aren't as interested in because of Hr%. I've always thought they've underutilized their ballpark. Someone like Bud Norris would be cheap and perfect for them.

Hey phan, am I gonna get to see your BOY Myers in Durham to start the year? What do you think about Chris Archer too?

keith law podcast is back this yr w00t (not that i listened to it the first time around)

Back