• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

What a stupid way for a World Series game to end.

right call was made, but again what people will forget is that lets say the call is not made, its still 4-4. regardless, there was clearly obstruction and shouldnt matter if its the world series, or a game in the middle of june. a rule is a rule

bring on game 4 tonight!

The other thing Joyce said in the press conference was that Craig was in the base line since he was right on the chalk. Replay pretty clearly shows he was 1-2 fee inside the line. It's been a while since I've seen discussion on where the base line is, but I know if the runner going to first runs on the infield side of the line and gets hit by a ball being thrown by the catcher he'd be ruled out for being outside the baseline.

This is the part I think is tough. Craig was definitely inside the line. I feel like that should have an effect on that call

This is the part I think is tough. Craig was definitely inside the line. I feel like that should have an effect on that call

The runner is allowed to run three feet on either side of the white line. He was definitely not more than three feet inside the line.

He ran in a straight line from where he was to home plate, he was not outside the area of the baseline as defined by the rules, and the third baseman obstructed him.

It's pretty black and white

The runner is allowed to run three feet on either side of the white line. He was definitely not more than three feet inside the line.

He ran in a straight line from where he was to home plate, he was not outside the area of the baseline as defined by the rules, and the third baseman obstructed him.

Yeah, it's a pretty shitty way for a World Series game to end, particularly a great game, but it was the right call.

That's wrong. There is no baseline unless a play is being made on the runner. Craig could have run to pitchers mound then to home plate and still would have been in the baseline. Think about a runner rounding 3rd, he is often well outside of the white line.

For the person who mentioned a throw from catcher to first, the baseline applies there because a play is being made on the runner. A runner can run inside the line as long as he doesn't obstruct a throw. He often does, it just only comes up when the throw is coming from the catcher.

and it has to be asked, why do you pitch to jon jay? load the bases, set up the force and pitch to kozma!

Not that encouraging when your pitcher says he has one start left

Guy is throwing all fastballs. This is ridiculous. Hit the ball

The baserunners really fucked that up. Everyone should have advanced. Instead, we have Ross show bunt on the first pitch. Awesome baserunning, guys!!

Hard to not love these ABs. Lynn will have 80 pitches this inning at this rate.

Back