• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

If this goes 7, heck, I'd bring Lester back. World Series stud.

Similar to the series against the Tigers--split the first two at Fenway, take two of three on the road.

ali.jpg

the activity on this thread is pretty telling for how baseball fans feel about this series.

So, my buddy passed this along:

apparently a reporter asked matheny if ortiz is the mvp
even if the sox lose
honestly, why not
that's epic trolling though

And more solid stuff from the usual suspects on Twitter:

NOT BUSTER OLNEY ‏@TRIPPINGOLNEY 45m
TROLL ON. RT @BNightengale: #STLCards sure could use a dose of Albert Pujols now as #RedSox and Lester silences them, taking 3-2 series lead

Old Hoss Radbourn ‏@OldHossRadbourn 1h
It's nearing the time the wise hurler thinks of introducing one D. Ortiz to the flat side of a shovel.

Game 6 is gonna be tough with Wacha, and I don't trust Jake Peavy in a Game 7 scenario. Obvi that'd be an all hands on deck situaish. Gearing up to be a pretty crazy finish. SAWWWXXXXXX!!!!!

Game 6 is gonna be tough with Wacha, and I don't trust Jake Peavy in a Game 7 scenario. Obvi that'd be an all hands on deck situaish. Gearing up to be a pretty crazy finish. SAWWWXXXXXX!!!!!

I want doubront in 7, if need be. Cards cannot handle lefties. He'd have a short leash. All hands on deck.

MVP at this point?

Lester - 7.2 IP, 5h, 0er, 8k + 7.2 IP, 4h, 1er, 7k

vs

Ortiz - 11/15 (0.733 avg), 6 rbi, 2 hr

Miggy had surgery today, will be rehabbing for 6-8 weeks, shouldn't miss any time in the Spring.

so, cards plane had some issues today, and they got stuck on the tarmac for a while

which apparently prompted a sosh poster to create this:

qQbbF78.gif

Barney and Rizzo got completely screwed over on Gold Gloves. Paul Goldschmidt? Really?
Barney was deserving but Goldschmidt was actually the Fielding Bible winner at first. Actually, pretty much all of the winners were great choices.

Back